Universal GHOST TRICK: Phantom Detective (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Very tempting.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #222 Vovin, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012

Get it. The game is very long, the story telling great and it's really a deal.
    The DS version is still nearly 30 bucks on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002TDIEDG

Lowest price I saw somewhere was around 20 bucks for the DS, but that was a sale.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    oooo I may pick this up. Very long you say? What's a good guesstimate for the length? And is it overly difficult. I can do puzzles but not anything way too complex =l

4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Here's a pretty decent estimation:
    http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=1059

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #225 Vovin, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, I'd also say around 20 hrs for everything.

It's easy in the beginning and gets more difficult later, but every scene is solveable. The puzzles are fair. Even more, the game gives you tips and hints from time to time, so you should be able to solve the stuff. Most time you know your goal (what to do), you just have to figure out how to do it.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    This game is so worth it at whatever price they're asking. Just so happens that it's on sale for £5.49 for all chapters in the UK, and anyone who's on the fence should get off it now.

This game doesn't go on sale very often, and yes the game is quite long. I bought the game ages ago but have only started playing through recently. It's longer than I expected it to be.

If you get stuck it's easy to find a solution online. The game is not perfect by any means, but I think it's superior to the DS version.

Sometimes I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, it's incredible to think I'm playing this on my iPod. I love Nintendo, and always will, but they have some catching up to do.

All I need now is Phoenix Wright HD Trilogy. ;)

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Definitely worthy of whatever accolades have been rained upon it, this is an excellent game. Considering how many games I own and (don't) play on iOS, the fact that I'm on my second playthrough at the moment is very telling.

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Wait... you? Second playthough?

*climbs down to hell, notices frozen lava and demonic ice statues, climbs back up*

Oh, well...

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I just completed the game for the first time, and all I have to say is wow. Wow wow wow. 2nd play through is a must with this game. Fantastic.

10. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #230 Isilel, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Yea, can only second this. A truly amazing game, which will remain a classic for a long time.

But speaking of replays - is it possible to back-up content IAPs, such as here with iFunbox?
    Because, IIRC, the Ghost Trick isn't small, but it is one of the few games that I am sure I'd want to replay and generally keep for a long time and I am afraid that if it is pulled, it will be lost to me.

11. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Yes, you can use ifunbox to backup and restore your save game data. I just did it.

12. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Um, do you mean that you didn't have to re-download chapter IAPs? That they are somehow already included in the save of a completed game? I don't really see how this could work... unless the chapter IAPs just unlock content that is already included in base app, that is. Is this the case? TIA.

13. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    #233 ChrisL, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    I'm fairly certain all the chapters are included in the base game; buying them just unlocks them. I'm going to redownload the game and see :p

Edit: Sorry for taking so long. I wanted to play through the first chapter to make sure I didn't have to download anything for the second. And nope, I didn't, so everything is included in the base game download.

14. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Oh geez, I heard that now there is a minigame unlocked after you finish the game? But I already deleted it :(

15. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Both the first and the second chapter are included for free in the base download, though. It is from chapter 3 on that you need to buy content via IAPs.
    So, my question is - will saving my final game save via iFunbox _also_ save my IAPs?
    I.e., will I be able to delete the game from my iPad, then re-install it and don't have to re-download IAPs?
    I am just uncharacteristically afraid to lose access to the full game, should Capcom ever decide to pull it. I can synchronize the base download to PC, no problem, but I am very much afraid of losing the 16 IAP chapters...

Yep, 3 pretty cool moving picture puzzles, with 3 difficulties each, that allegedly unlock wallpapers for your device.
    And well, I am not one for replaying games, usually, but Ghost Trick is one of the rare gems that really warrant it, IMHO. And you'll have a nice bonus waiting for you when you do ;).

BTW, another interesting question - will I retain the wallpapers (once I unlock them), if I delete the game?

16. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Ah, you're right. I thought it was just the first chapter free. Either way, I didn't have to download anything after restoring the IAP, so the other chapters are most likely part of the base game.

To answer your question: no, saving the game data via iFunBox will not save your IAPs. Technically, the IAPs will be there, but they will be locked and you'll have to restore them before you can play them again. Assuming that Capcom removes the app and the IAPs from the App Store, you won't be able to access the IAPs anymore because the App Store won't recognize the IAP, regardless of whether you bought it or not.

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Broken on my iPad Air, anyone else have this problem? It opened fine until I downloaded the other chapters and then it instantly crashed. Now it crashes on start up.

18. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Finally updated!

19. Bliquid

Bliquid Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    All chapters on sale!
    99 Cents!
    I don't know is someone said this already!
    99 Cents!

20. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I tried to purchase it but can't DL the chapters... I also tried to re download and it says I purchase md all chapters but haven't downloaded it... States can not connect to itubes store.

Anyone else have this error?

How do I contact the developer???

I am interested for the .99 and don't want to miss the sale!