Universal Vainglory - (by Super Evil Megacorp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    In Catherine's defense, being able to stun an enemy every 6 seconds is pretty amazing and when used correctly it can easily shut down certain characters that like to build up Breaking Point/Broken Myth stacks, or characters with serpent's mask that rely on life steal... possibilities are endless. I'd argue that while Ardan's Vanguard is pretty great all throughout the game, Catherine's stun continues to gain value throughout the match and eventually become crucial to success in certain team fights. Also body-blocking with her shield is ridiculous, especially against a team that doesn't know how it works.

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    ARGH!! Another game where the Ardan wants to spend more time in the lane than they do farming in the jungle. HELLO!! I'm Taka I'm squishy I need you to farm. FFS!!

3. Ty-Ty2020

Ty-Ty2020 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2015
    But by late game every person probably will have a reflex block. They reflex block every stun and by the time the fight is over you have only stunned one person if your lucky. The body block with the shield is great though

4. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Well the laner could've been having trouble getting poked so he was there so he could farm in safety. If not, haha Classic Vainglory.

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I really enjoy the kraken system. The kraken was 99% done, I ran in and hit it once and stole it for our team, lol. We still lost, but we did pretty good for 2 v 3.

6. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    So I bought Fortress today and played a few matches with him, and let's just say I think I found a new replacement for Catherine :D

7. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Wow. Your legit the first person I've seen who likes fortress.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I love fortress I play him the most at the moment he's awsome. I play him as support and he has great damage and sustainability. Amazing at finishing blows and dealing damage even when played as roam. I wouldn't dream of playing him as warrior because roam as him is too fun

9. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I like Fortress as well. Usually use a weapon build with him. Dominated a match with him last night with like 15 kills.

10. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Haha! What a match! My 11-year-old nephew and I just dominated a team of Blackfeather, Skaarf, and Ozo. I was Fortress and my nephew was Koshka. Saw was our other team member but he went afk about 5 mins in. I had 18 kills, 5 deaths, and 10 assists. Super satisfying win!!

11. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Wow nice! The most satisfying thing for me in Vg is pulling off that 2 v 3 win. Even though I've only been able to do it once.

12. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I have a hard time believing that they match you with players in a similar skill tier. There's no way you should be matched up with two teammates that both get one kill and double digit deaths while you have 15 kills and 5 deaths.

13. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I guess I take them at their word that they TRY to, but the player base is too small at any one moment to insure that.

I've been on a 75-80% losing streak for the last 50 matches or so. How can Elo result in that? (This is casual and ranked alike, party and solo. Mostly party.)

I would speculate that Elo, being meant for single-player games, has not been fully adapted to account for your allies.

14. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Maybe you're right. Not saying I'm great at the game or anything but I'd personally rather have a longer queue time to ensure being placed with better players than a shorter queue getting placed with newbs.

15. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    I for some reason always get paired with low tier people and against POA people so I'm stuck where I am since I can never win and hardly go down when I lose.

16. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    #816 Nekko, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    I don't think letting opponents rate you and your team should be a thing. Losing to a team is one thing, but having a bunch of cocky, elitist assholes who think they are better than you thumbs you down (which results in you getting a lower karma rating) after they beat you doesn't seem really fair.

17. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    The draft system. UGH!! ARGH!! That is all.

18. Ty-Ty2020

Aug 15, 2015
    Yeah this system just isn't working IMO. I'll start a match with great karma, I'll lose, then I'll look and see I have good karma again.

19. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    VG karma originally rewarded "good citizenship," which is separate entirely from skill.

Now it's simply a measure of any chafing or binding that your teammates may currently be experiencing.

As for Draft mode, I only saw it once, but it seems interesting.... My jury is still out. As long as casual remains a thing, I'll probably be OK with it after the growing pains.

20. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah I'm sure the draft will be fine in the long run but man it was all kinds of confusing. Played a couple matches with a guildie last night and we were both super confused with it. It would be nice if they had a video up showing how it works. Or maybe some tool tips or something. Oh and more time would be nice. The first match I ended up picking Koshka somehow and never use her. Second match he unknowingly switched heroes with our third teammate and wound up playing Taka for his first time ever. I guess now we both have a better understanding of how it works but man to just spring it on us like that with no information on how it works was confusing and frustrating.