Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    OMG Jazbo! You gave me such a chuckle tonight! No need for guilt-sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do for sanity. Besides, think of it as supporting BFS for giving us such a great game and you are helping to keep the updates coming. :D

2. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Earth/Chrome did not work for me. I got my Dodo with Earth/Fog I think on the second try. :confused: Cannot get a second to save my soul with either combo!
    Good luck!

3. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Not yet, Girlpower. The worst part are all the 14 hr fails :( No, scratch that- the worst is getting all excited for a ten hour timer only to have it be an ugly Lava, instead of a beautiful Sakura. Got me a 10 hr cooking now....afraid to get my hopes up.:eek:

Thanks for the good wishes! Feeling much better, just not looking forward to more tests. At least our hospital has free WiFi! :D Thanks also for the gem! Trying hard not to blow thru them in case I have to pull a "Jazbo". :D ;)

4. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thanks for the additional combos. Right now I have been using Magnetic/Flower and Brass/Cactus. Don't have a LY because I didn't start the game till March:(

May wait a while before I try the Mud/Blazing combo. Like the chance of getting a Panlong but don't think I could handle another Lava right now after all the ones I got while trying for Sakura:D

5. Jpayne7

Jpayne7 New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    I am new to these boards so hello everyone and I just finally got the dodo. I spent the last four days trying earth chrome over and over again finally got up this morning and gave it another go and got the dodo.

6. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    IT'S Like BFS has a timer and when they know we are about to give up we get the dragon with the one we have used over and over again. Congrats

7. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I hope you get good news form the test. I am glad you are feeling better.

8. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    11 Flower + 11 Tree for me

working on 2nd Sakura then back to getting the Dodo

9. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #3809 Alyjens, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    Thanks, Timeless! And I forgot about the "I give up and am never playing DV again" trick! Hear that BFS? Nothing but Lavas & Trees- UNCLE! UNCLE! UNCLE! As soon as I get my iPad, it's off to Tribez for me! So I won't be buying anymore gems from YOU!

**<whispering> aaaah, that felt good. Now let's see if my luck changes.**

10. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thanks girlpower, I don't feel so bad now!

Will try the flower/tree combo again and see what happens. If I get it for real I will definately post in CAPITALS with head held high!

Dodo still elusive for me to, what to go for first? Sakura i think! Far prettier dragon than dodo!! :D

Hope you get your dodo and second steel soon! X

11. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thanks Hooked! You did make me laugh!! I'll remember this the next time I feel myself swaying towards the gem market - I will be saving money in the long run! £6.99 for a few gems or 4 x that for a night out with the girls! :D

12. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Yes oh wise one!, I will learn patience.....eventually! :D

13. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Thanks Aly! Glad I made you laugh! I hope it was a real laugh and not the mad giggle of a woman cracking up with the stress of all the fails, twitch twitch! :D :D

14. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Welcome, Jpayne! Congrats on your Dodo! How's your luck with Sakura? Oh, and what levels did you use for your Dodo success?

15. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Are the 10 hours up yet??? What was it? Come on, tell!! We're waiting with breath held!

And hey you!! I saw that! What do you mean 'pull a Jazbo!' I could take offence you know....... :D:rolleyes:

16. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Reporting in. Haven't had time to read the thread in a few days, but I will soon. I got 2 Sakura, 2 Steel and 2 Dodo! For Sakura I used higher level Flower than Tree, to minimize the Tree effect.
    Aly- did I see you were in the hospital? :( Hope you're doin well now!

Best Cherry Blossom wishes to you all!

17. Dmdaily10

Dmdaily10 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Lava!

Three lava dragons in a row. Three. Now? A 12 hour timer. Never before has Dragonvale vexed me this much! And just to prove it, I don't think I've ever used the word "vexed" before in my life. :)

18. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Dodo????

3 more sakura fails... Flower, moss and lava, YUCK!!!! Yes girlpower they were all tried with level 15 flower level 10 tree, NOTHING!!!!! Sakura is my sandstorm :mad:

So, got fed up with that game and tried Chrome and earth..... 16 hours!!!!! Got to be the dodo hasn't it? Can't think of anything else that has 16 hours??? Please tell me I'm right someone, PLEASE!!!

19. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    I can think of a better word than 'vexed'! But I'm a nice girl and wouldn't be so impolite to post it here!! :D

20. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Congrats

Congrats it's a Dodo!!