Universal BlockIt Puzzle

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 28, 2015.

1. TouchArcade Bot

TouchArcade Bot New Member

Feb 14, 2012

BlockIt Puzzle Lite

Welcome!
    To the 2015 puzzle game BlockIt.

Your goal?
    To prove that that chunky two-block body still ho…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Welcome!

Your goal?
    To prove that that chunky two-block body still holds value in puzzle solving, thus traversing through 36 levels, preferably with the least amount of swipes and standing up vertically on the ending pillar.

Buy the full version to remove ads, build and share your own custom levels or play levels made by other users!
    Available for 0.99$ on the App Store in April 2015.

What is BlockIt.Puzzle?
    A puzzle game underlaid with a subtle tone of gloom conceived by the mind of a high-school student, and a homage to the mind-boggling 2007 flash game Bloxorz.

What are the controls?
    The control scheme is simple. Swipe with one finger in the desired direction to tip over your block. Use two finger controls to zoom in or out.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle
    Release:Mar 24, 2015
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. ravonrip

ravonrip Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The full version is comming soon, it just needs a few final tweaks.

3. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Quite nice! I dislike ads, so I'm really looking forward to being able to purchase the full version. I'll play the free one for a bit, but hope the premium version comes out soon.

4. ravonrip

ravonrip Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The premium should be out soon, probably in a week, it just needs some last minute interface tweaks, so that Apple will confirm it.

5. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    On level 4 there are floor blocks that give away, as if they don't support the weight of the moving block. That wasn't explained anywhere and had me seriously go wtf before understanding it was a game mechanic and not a bug. Most extra levels cannot be finished. There should be separate options for disabling music and disabling game sounds. The visuals are not really appealing for a puzzle game. Other than that, interesting game! :)

6. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Since amount of swipes matters, why not base a leaderboard on it? Also, when finishing a level, it should be shown why you didn't 3-star it, that is, it should be shown what are the minimum number of swipes for 1-, 2- or 3-star a level. And next to "Continue" there should be a "Retry" option to be able to improve your score. One more: the transitions when receiving or putting a holocube are a sudden shift of point of view, which is confusing

7. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    Why do I know this from a game in real life, looks cool.

8. ravonrip

ravonrip Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The full version is now on the app store.

9. TouchArcade Bot

TouchArcade Bot New Member

Feb 14, 2012
    BlockIt Puzzle

BlockIt Puzzle

Welcome!

Your goal?
    To prove that that chunky two-block body still ho…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Welcome!

Your goal?
    To prove that that chunky two-block body still holds value in puzzle solving, thus traversing through levels, preferably with the least amount of swipes and standing up vertically on the ending pillar.

*New levels added weekly*

What is BlockIt.Puzzle?
    A puzzle game underlaid with a subtle tone of gloom conceived by the mind of a high-school student, and a homage to the mind-boggling 2007 flash game Bloxorz.

What are the controls?
    The control scheme is simple. Swipe with one finger in the desired direction to tip over your block. Use two finger controls to zoom in or out. Level-building controls are further explained in the level-building section of the game.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle
    Release:May 20, 2015
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

10. ravonrip

ravonrip Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If anybody has any questions, problems, suggestions, let me know.

11. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Can tell me any difference in gameplay in your game from the typical rolling block game? As you may know, there are plenty of such "clones" in the App Store with identical mechanics.

The visuals are definitely distinct.

What about the swipe / move counter and the minimum level for perfect solution for each level?