Universal Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 5, 2012.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Mayb u don't hav the rite attachments. It is super deadly, even at med range. I'll post my attachments. I get tons of headshots with it also.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Auto shotgun is not one shot, but the fast firerate makes up for it. Best shotgun in the game.

Good device is what it's all about! Older device=lag=slower reaction time. Newer device=no lag=faster reaction time.

I play on an iPod 4(killjoy used to play too) and EVERY Modern Combat game from MC2 forwar lags. MC3 lags most, then MC4 then MC2. Anyway, I once played on an iPad 3 and as soon as I got the controls that pleased myself, I instantly got an under 2 minute nuke. Basically the first real game I had! Tell me that's not overpowered. And mind me this was in a retail store and I was standing and I had no sounds on.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #2483 LOLavi, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    I wanna start a petition to stop mods from banning killjoy permanently... Not sure if it's a good idea, but this is really unfair. Killjoy is just a temperamental person, but Solidfart is just a troll yet he's not permanently banned :/

Thread not a petition actually.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Upgrade your iOS to 6.
    You'll be surprised at the difference.
    The iPad 2 is still on par with the iPad 3 performance wise. Better in a lot of key areas because it doesn't have the drain of pushing retina display.
    I may have an iPad 4, which is a powerhouse, but if I had to pick between iPad 3 or 2, the iPad 2 would win every day.
    Upgrading to iOS 6 from 4 genuinely makes a huge difference as well.
    It will definitely improve your game and kdr.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I have iOS 5.1.1 and jailbroken. I can't upgrade to iOS 6 because my home and lock button are broken. This is the reason why I jailbreaked, to use volume buttons for different actions. Is there a jailbreak similar to absinthe where you don't need buttons to jailbreak for latest iOS?

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There is no untethered jb for iOS 6 to my knowledge.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #2487 Rip73, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    No untethered jailbreak for iOS 6 and tethered ones are developer only and unstable.
    Definitely not recommended as it could brick your device.
    Pity about the buttons really. But you're on 5 which is still a lot more responsive than 4.
    I still find that 6 makes a big difference to game performance but that's not an option for you unfortunately.
    I also find a jailbreak eats up an awful lot more ram and lags most devices anyway which affects games as well.
    I did love my sbsettings and its convenience. But it just wasn't worth the performance dip.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    For me it ran smoother than no jailbreak for the first few weeks and then it started to perform worse than before jailbreak.

9. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Couldnt just let my money sit there so i bought the auto shotgun.

It works good in certain maps, for example, i went 36-3 in blockbuster (ranked match) just running around in the back parts and avoiding the street since its long range there.

But overall i think my UFIA + Jolt set up is better than anything else. Will go auto shotgun every once in a while when im bored.

Custom matches are such a joke haha its 80% level 1s.

Went 68-5 one game, this was from when i just started

Attached Files:

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah custom matches are really easy. Went 50-3 in a 10-15 minute match and 34-1 sniping only in a 10 minute match. So many under rank 10 players.

Also I've noticed that capture the flag racks up kills for you easily. :) been playing that recently and raised my kdr to almost 2.4. Not far to my goal kdr which is 2.5

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I've 400,000 in gold and nothing left to buy.
    And that's even after losing about 500,000 to the buy slots bug.
    This is worse than 100 channels and nothin on.

Nah, its not really. It's just so easy to earn credits in this.
    Gonna have to keep buying supply crates to see if I get anything interesting.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    You got EVERYTHING? Damn. I hope they add more weapons and stuff soon.

Hover drone is worse than I thought. I got like 1 kill from 3 spawns of it. Gonna try it more, but probably changing to airstrike. I do have two exact classes one has Airstrike one has hover drone so probably gonna change the whole class and not just the hover drone.

Also, advanced recon is good. And 5 kill is a quick earn for anyone so I highly recommend it.

13. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    I like airstrike kind of, it seems to always the guy who has our flag when playing CTF and it's easy. :D

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah I've used Airstrike all the time. I'm just experimenting with other killstreaks too.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Air strike is probably the single most essential killstreak.

16. guitarguy19

guitarguy19 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    played MC4 on my gf's ipad 4 and let me tell you, the type of device you have does help you substantially. my kd went up a lot

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Nah of course it's the recon/advanced recon. But Airstrike is probably second best. Well bomber is better, but Airstrike is just so deadly accurate and you only need 7 kills/captures for it and you almost always get at least a kill or often two. Yes. I love Airstrike.

18. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I have only bought the unfia the first shotgun.

But like I said, I could never get into the game with my iPod. Only rank 40 or so.

Now I can really get into it.

I can't get any kills with it. Seriously. None.

Most essential is the recon(s)

Duh

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    #2499 LOLavi, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    I got a quad kill with the Airstrike twice and I've missed the enemies only a few times out of the many times I've used it. I get a kill like 90% of the times I call it in... It's really good.

Killjoy, what if I had an iPad 4? Hell would let loose :p

Ahh so close to 2.5 :) Currently 46(7?) rank prestige 4 and kdr is 2.4. My stats: http://modern-combat.net/player.php?u=IDontKiIIPpl&t=gllive&f=p

I am absolutely in love with this game! Best Modern Combat to date :D

20. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    About to register! Hopefully my name is not taken.

And with the airstrike, on good maps like dog days I can get easily 3-4, but then on maps like over time, more like 1-2. Hardly ever none though.