Coaster Crazy (By Frontier Developments)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Tuesday 18 th September 2012. Cambridge, UK, based Frontier Developments Ltd. (‘Frontier’) today announced a brand new free-to-play 3D rollercoaster game, ‘ Coaster Crazy’ ®, which will be released on iOS during the coming holiday season.

“At the heart of Coaster Crazy is an incredibly fun, easy and compelling way to build rollercoasters using a touchscreen,” said David Braben, Founder and CEO of Frontier. “ You intuitively bend, twist and thread the coaster through itself and the scenery. It’s easy to build, ride and crash any type of coaster you can think of – tall, short, long, fast, wooden, modern, crazy or classic re-creations. Frontier's made over ten million coaster-building games over the last ten years, and I think this gives the best results and has the easiest and most fun coaster-building of all .”

Other Coaster Crazy features include:

· Build a coaster empire in iconic locations around the world

· Share your coasters with friends and others online, download and ride others’ coasters

· See how your creations stack up on the leaderboards and rate others’ coasters

· Take part in daily coaster building challenges

View the Coaster Crazy trailer here:

Pocket gamer's hands on:
    "Due for release on iOS platforms "this autumn" (or, fall if you're that way inclined), this freemium title brings the theme park genre to the touchscreen generation, with a wonderfully intuitive interface that lets you draw the puke-inducing tracks of your wicked dreams."
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Coaster+Crazy/news.asp?c=45060

2. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Hmmm. Quite interested! :)

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Omg yes! There is nothing close to Rollercoaster(that PC game, played it at my friends house so not sure if it's called that) on iOS and I remember it being fun! Instabuyy for me!

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The Only problem is see with that is the freemium aspect. Otherwise yes, coming from frontier (creators of Rollercoaster) i'm pretty excited about it : )

5. Still waiting for the Rollercoaster Tycoon port....

I'll still get this anyway

6. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    This looks insane :)

7. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    I adore the iOS version of Lost Winds (although on a nitpicky side they should replace the Lost Winds intro video (lo res) with the Melodias intro video (high-res) to perfect it. But those games were and are amazing.
    Can't wait for this one. It sounds really good.

8. Frontier Ashley

Frontier Ashley Active Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Community Support Manager
    Cambridge
    Glad you guys are excited about this! I'm the new community support manager at Frontier so if you have any questions about Coaster Crazy (or any of our other games for that matter) I'll do my best to answer them for you. :)

9. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    So...the question on my mind, after I've built my coaster and take it for a ride/crash it...can I really launch the riders from their seats into the air? lol

Any closer to a release date? Gameplay trailer? Will you need help with any beta testing?

;)

10. N-A-Dream

N-A-Dream New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Playing games & posting on forums
    Florida
    Excently question :D

Bankai the beta tester :p

I'm really looking forward to this game, the preview vid looks interesting.

11. Frontier Ashley

Sep 26, 2012
    Cambridge
    Hi Bankai,

A good question... and yes, you can indeed 'eject' your unfortunate passengers from their seats during the ride, should the mood take you! :)

We don't have a set in stone release date yet but hopefully we should be able to show you a little more of the game soon.

We are actually just about to go into a closed beta, which people were free to register for over on our forums (http://forums.frontier.co.uk/). Unfortunately the window of time to apply for the beta has already passed, I will make sure to post here if it repoens though.

I can't go too much into details, but if anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them for you. Just fire away!

12. Bankai44

Dec 27, 2009
    With your mom
    Thank you Ashley! That's very exciting to hear you can be cruel to your passsengers...lol. And please do inform us of any news on the release date as well as of any new trailers. :) It's too bad to hear about the beta, but I understand and if something does change please let me know.

;)

13. N-A-Dream

N-A-Dream New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Playing games & posting on forums
    Florida
    I have a question Ashley and sorry if this was already asked. Will this game be playable on multi devices? I play on my iPhone at work and iPad at home so I wanted to be able to continue from where I left off on one device to the next.

14. Bankai44

Dec 27, 2009
    With your mom
    Very good question, I'd like to know as well.

15. Frontier Ashley

Sep 26, 2012
    Cambridge
    #15 Frontier Ashley, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    Hi Dream,

This feature won't be available for the beta, but it is something that we want to implement before the game is released. I can't give you a 100% definite answer, but as it stands we do plan to allow you to play the same save game over multiple iOS devices.

16. dnekrufi

dnekrufi Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Looks amazing. My question is: Is this game totally grid-free or an option to switch between free-form and snap to grid? Can you construct everything such as the path in free-form like in the coaster track in the trailer? Thank you.

17. Frontier Ashley

Sep 26, 2012
    Cambridge
    The default game setting is completely freeform and it works extremely well with the control scheme. There may be an option to add a 'snap-to' grid, but this hasn't been fully decided upon yet. :)

18. dnekrufi

dnekrufi Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Thank you Ashley. I really hope there's the one-click button to toggle the grid-snapping for those "gardener" players like me.

19. Frontier Ashley

Sep 26, 2012
    Cambridge
    New high-res screen shots for you! Release coming very soon... :)

Screenshots (960 x 640): Click to enlarge
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Bankai44

Dec 27, 2009
    With your mom
    Thanks, looks awesome...can't wait!

:)