iPhone Plants Vs. Zombies HD (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. firedog

firedog Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    me too...all survival level is lock!...not happy about the latest update

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I got a reply to the ticket I raised with Popcap support about the locked survival mode:
    "I apologize for the current trouble with the Survival Mode of Plants vs. Zombies. This is a known issue and should be resolved very quickly. Please look for an update over the next several days which should resolve these issues."
    So hopefully it won't be long til they fix it.

3. firedog

Oct 13, 2010
    good to hear that, at last!

4. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    There's an update out, survival is working now.

5. firedog

Oct 13, 2010
    yes! wuhoo have funs!

6. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I tried survival endless, I got to wave 10 is that good also I never got any chocolates or plants. Has anyone got this in survival endless?

7. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    #227 MeteorFlare, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    I only managed to get to wave 12 or something. Got choco and some diamonds. No plants, though, if I rmbr correctly.

got brutally murdered by those gargantuans.

8. cheaslum

cheaslum Member

May 1, 2012
    survival is so much fun ..... glad they fixed the glitch

9. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    On wave 56 and going strong. This is my first endless on the iPad but use to play it a lot on pc. Think wave 120 was my best. And yes, you can get plants, I seemed to get a lot more after wave 40 and getting the achievement.

10. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Can someone comment on how this game looks on an ipad 3?

11. Djaz

Djaz Member

May 5, 2012
    We tested it on ipad3 yesterday, actually i did not notice any difference. As i understand they did not make graphics for 2048 x 1536 resoluthion, however ipad3 smooth it just fine.

12. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    #232 RebornProphet, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    As someone who's bought their first iPad (new iPad 64GB) but has been an iPhone gamer since the iPhone 3G, I am a little fed up having to buy a lot of games twice.

Real Racing 2, FIFA 12, and Plants vs Zombies disguised under the 'HD' moniker, for example.

Surely it's not hard for them to add an update to support the new HD within the existing iPhone app (like Infinity Blade 2)? Reading the app descriptions for the iPhone versions, they say they support the iPad (using the x2 mode) but it's a bit annoying having to pay for the same app twice to get 'full' iPad support.

13. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Agreed, but only because developers with multiple code bases tend to favor one over the other. To see an example of this we need look no farther than this game, which received its Zen Garden update almost a year after the iPhone version.

The "buying" part would only be an issue for me if iOS games weren't so ridiculously cheap.

14. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    True, but take a look at the likes of Infinity Blade 2. It was updated for the new iPad as well as the ClashMobs feature. It's just one app, universal, and it runs a certain way depending on the SKU of iDevice running it. Real Racing 2 is the one that really bugs me, there's no reason for that not to be Universal on iOS, especially when the iPhone app is listed as compatible with the iPad also, albeit in x2 mode.

I grudge giving EA another £4.99 for a game I've already bought in full. In fact, most of the games with this issue are either Gameloft or EA ... sums them up.

15. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    You're definitely right about Gameloft and EA being the major perps here, so it's definitely a policy issue rather than a technical one.

16. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Maybe I'll pick it up after it goes on sale. The price and iap is a bummer.

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The IAP isn't needed. I can't see why anyone would want to buy it - with Zen Garden, you'll be rolling in coins soon enough.

18. Iphone vs ipad

Yea I am a little sad this game isn't universal too. I bought the new ipad and I had this game on my phone, but I refuse to pay another $7 for the hd version. So I will wait for a sale, looks like it will go down to $3 at some point but do any of you think it will go on sale for $1 sometime?

So long from the Connector!

19. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    If it were just Popcap, I'd say no on the $1 sale, however, EA puts even their $10 titles that low sometimes so it's possible.

20. Mr.No one

Mr.No one New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    School
    Denmark
    Hi everyone:)

I love the Survival:Endless game and I'm now at flag 1174.....Number 58 at Game Center for all time.