The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I had way more fun in free-roam just messing with random people. This was overhyped with so much emphasis on it being free. But yeah, you're right. You get what you pay for.

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I agree. If they release paid dlc, it better be 20x than this.

3. jacksoncombs

jacksoncombs Well-Known Member

i just got red dead redemption today and its amazing, anyone wanna play tonite

4. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I can play later. How many guys have RDR? Could we finally get a TA night on XBOX together?

5. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Probably a bit short notice for most people, also I don't have RDR yet, waiting the price to drop... :p

6. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Electric Shaman, are you American & have a Sam's Club membership? If so, it's 48 dollars there.

Also, do you plan when to play Xbox weeks in advance?

7. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    Nah not American. I just a couple of new games anyway, not going to be getting anything else for at least a week =P

And no, I just lead a pretty monotonous life at the moment, so I'm on at the same times pretty much every day. But it differs week to week because I do different hours at work each week.

8. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    A week! I usually get one new game every 3 months(except Christmas). And I'll mostly buy a used one every couple weeks.

9. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Why would I want to create a separate account from the one I already have? :rolleyes:

I don't get achievements, my save files are different, etc.

10. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    eh, when I say new games, I mean new for me, most of them are pre-owned. But yea, cause I'm working now I normally have a bit of money left over from my pay-check for games, and because I still don't have very many games I can pick up the older titles I've never played for dirt cheap (like GoW2).

Anyone played Rocket Riot? It's on offer for 400 points this week...

11. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    So I want to get some new 360 games. It's been sitting unused (besides L4D2) for a while. I want to get two games from this selection:
    Burnout Paradise
    Gears of War 2
    GTA4
    NHL 09
    F.E.A.R.
    Resident Evil 5

OR just one of these games:
    Red Dead Redemption
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Suggestions?

12. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    You can get four of the top ones for the price of those new ones.

13. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Red Dead and GTA 4 are great choices. Those 2 will keep you occupied for a long time.

14. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't usually run across the top ones on Craigslist, so two of them end up being $30 on Amazon. There is plenty of RDR and BF: BC2 on Craigslist for $35.

15. jacksoncombs

Uh well like I'm 12 and I liked red dead but it's not just random violence and I liked that, but my mom won't let me get grand theft auto 4, can anyone give me some tips on how to pursuade her?

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Try growing up 6 years.

17. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    GTA IV teaches you what sort of things are wrong. Mostly, it would be easier to get a dude to get you a game. Maybe a cousin or uncle or dad.

18. Electric_Shaman

Jul 22, 2009
    I'd say get two of the cheaper ones, twice as much for your money, and the expensive two will be cheaper when you next want to buy games anyway.

19. jacksoncombs

My dad was the one at the store with me when I bought red dead and he said I could probably get it but just play the online mode but what's so bad about gta 4?

20. jacksoncombs

I went on google and most people have been saying red dead is worst then grand theft, I never saw any bad stuff in red dead but some people have been saying you rape people and do drugs in gta but I don't want it for all the mindless violence, I really just want to get in cars and freeroam and crash the cars into helicopters and stuff, I can always turn the sound down on the tv or turn the diolouge of, I've tried saints row but hated it cuz there was literally 6 different cars and that's it, I heard gta has a vast selection of cars boats and helicopters, and I think I'm mature enough to play the game. So is red dead worse?