Universal Miika - Optical Illusion Perspective Puzzle Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by noxus, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    #1 noxus, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hi guys,
    We are pleased to announce our new game entitled; Miika
    Current state: WORK IN PROGRESS

Miika is a puzzle game based on camera perspective and the use of optical illusions. Explore and complete challenges which combine, perspective traveling, landing and existence.

Our aim was to incorporate a delightfully weird and wonderful world of mystery with the four seasons. Each season with its own style and feel to guide the player through a full circle experience.

Below are some Work in Progress previews of Miika.

Please note, some quality and correct speed has been lost in the upload of animated gifs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Winter theme:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope you have liked our initial preview of Miika and would love to hear your comments and opinions.
    Awesome! Thanks

Please also follow and like us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/noxuslimited
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/NoxusLtd
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/noxusltd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT
    New images added of How to Play and Gameplay

[​IMG]

Gameplay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Awesome! I love games like this but I hope it's challenging. How much will it cost?

3. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Color me interested! :D how is the development going?

4. yokitoki

yokitoki Active Member

looks nice!

5. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    We are looking to price it at 0.99 usd to 1.99 usd. There are no in-apps within the game so we have to find a right balance in pricing.

6. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    We are currently in the final polishing stages, optimizing and making the overall file size smaller, and looking for any bugs we might have missed. All devices are being tested on including older devices like iPhone 4. Miika looks fantastic on the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. The colors really stand out and give the game an overall feel.

The screen shots a now dated. I will try to post some new ones with more finalized visuals and gameplay as soon as I can. :)

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    How many levels will there be also I hope it's challenging. Is there some kind of scoring system?

8. Looks a bit like the impossible architecture puzzles of Monument Valley? Looks promising.

9. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    This looks very promising. Looking forward to learning more....

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This looks great.

See this is what i want, when a great game appears (Monument Valley) i then want great 'homages/similar games' to it as its so successful.

Its just depressing when a dire game appears and then devs come out with copycat games (Tiny Copters ;)

Looking forward to this one

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    looks really cool... like this one

12. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    This looks awesome... I think it's slightly different to MV because it looks less based on moving parts than pure perspective.
    And wow! Such a low price! I'll be getting this one as soon as it comes out!
    Great work on the art, although maybe the sphere could be switched to something more interesting? Compared to the rest of the vibrant visuals, the sphere is a little... Plain.

13. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    It is only by making a puzzle game like MV, Miika and many other puzzle games do developers truly see the complexity of making the levels. MV, has been making more levels a while now and I can see why. I can honestly say that it’s a challenge in itself to make everything work and for the levels to be fun and vary in difficulty.

Thank you for the positive posts, it really means a lot to us to see that you guys like it and would consider buying Miika. Thank you once again.

Here are some more previews on how the game works (how to play) and some more polished screenshots with the main character in gameplay.

[​IMG]

Gameplay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Awww Miika's so cute. Much better than the little white ball. ;)

How do you know the destination, though? I don't see anything that stands out. I would think if you're messing with the camera a lot, you might want a strong indicator of where you should be ending up?

15. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    Thank you, white ball had to go :)

We will look into added some particles / sparkle / fairy dust on the finishing point where the second bell is located to make it less confusing. As you play on it could get confusing as some levels are just mind twisting. Great point! :D

16. Cool. :) Looks really great otherwise. Can't wait to play it!

17. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    :) Did you make all those walkthroughs yourself? (on your website)

18. Yep. :) On the (very) rare occasion, someone else will offer up a walkthrough if I don't have one yet, but unless I noted otherwise, I wrote them.

19. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    From the pictures alone, I can see that the character is full of personality. Well done.
    The 3d look is amazing and the different blends of color for each season adds a nice atmosphere.
    I am looking forward to this one.

20. noxus

noxus Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oct 5, 2014
    Noxus Ltd
    London, United Kingdom
    Miika is now in awaiting review approval and should be available on Apple app store next week. Followed closely by Google Play, Amazon and Blackberry versions.

Check out offical Mikka website for more info and for download links once avaialble.
    www.miikagame.com