Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Pokemon Black and White 2 will finally be coming out this week in the US..

October 7th!

2. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is the big day!

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I know I'm super pumped! :D

4. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Hmmm... dunno if I'm going to grab it tomorrow or wait for a little bit. Too many games coming out! Plus, I still have yet to get into most of Pokemon White's post game content. Still haven't even checked out all the new cities and stuff- kind of got set aside for a while because I had other stuff to play (and I got bored of it after playing non stop the first two weeks it was out).

5. Foozelz

I picked up my copy.

I didn't beat the first Black. But I read in the "Offical Guide" how you were supposed to beat Black so it can fill you in for Black 2.

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm i the exact same situation haha. Never beat black, but I'm having a much better time playing black 2

7. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    If you never beat the storyline in Black/White, I suggest you do. It is really great experiencing that ending for yourself.

8. Foozelz

It would be goo to beat, but it's too late. Black 2 is out and that's what I am focusing on.

9. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Does finishing the post game content in the original games change the bonuses from the game link? I beat the main game but never explored much of the rest of Unova, and only found like 2 sages.

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    If you do the fancy synching thing before you get to the music hall in BW2 then your music case contents or what ever that thing is called gets transferred. If you go to the music hall in BW2 Before you synch it is too late.

That's the only thing I can find that is a GO/NO GO situation.
    Everything else unlocks trainer names, flashbacks and some fun but not game taking stuff.

11. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Just got a 3DS. Any recommendations besides RE: Revelations while I wait for the next mainline Pokemon games?

12. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Kingdom Hearts 3D is pretty good- it's the latest in Square-Enix's series of Disney-Final Fantasy crossover action RPGs. It'll provide summaries of games at certain plot points, so you'll understand what's going on (if you haven't played the games before).

Kid Icarus: Uprising is also pretty good- it's an on rails shooter/third person shooter (air is on rails, ground is free-movement). It's got some quirky, enjoyable writing, and is a very polished product with quite a bit of gameplay if you don't count multiplayer.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is really good as well, because it's, ummm.... Friggin OoT! Unless of course you're bored of it after playing it several times prior.

Star Fox 64 3D isn't bad- its an on rails shooter if you don't know- but its kind of short on content. You can replay it several times to take different pathways, go to different planets, fight different bosses, and try to get the medals on each level, but it doesn't take too long, and once you're done that's it. There is multiplayer, but its local only- which was a stupid decision. Good game though.

Super Mario 3D Land is cool as well- it's like a combination of the old school side-scrolling Mario games mixed with the 3D ones. It's one of the best looking games on the system, and plays great. There are a lot of levels in it as well (you unlock a whole other games worth upon 'beating' it- the ending leaves the story unresolved until you beat the 'special' worlds, which double the game (and are a lot harder than the normal worlds).

There's also several great download titles as well (IMO, Nintendo's download only releases for 3DS have been better than most of their mobile releases)- Pushmo (and its sequel Crashmo), Dillon's Rolling Western, Samurai Sakurai, Mighty Switch Force, Mutant Mudds, Zen Pinball, Cave Story- there's several more.

13. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks for the recommendations. Hopefully I can pick up a few of those for decent prices :).

14. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    More suggestions: Paper Mario Sticker Star and Professor Layton. Just got them for Christmas and they are a ton of fun

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Hey guys, if anyone has one of those Club Nintendo DS/3DS card cases that they no longer need/want and are willing to sell to me, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

16. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    I have one that i no longer use. Barely even used actually. So just send me a pm with your info.

17. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Nintendo is supposed to be making a big Pokemon announcement in a few hours.

There's a rumor (from a source that has been reliable when it comes to Pokemon rumors) that the game will be called Pokemon Rainbow, and it is supposedly going to feature all the regions and Pokemon from generations 1-4. It isn't a remake like Fire Red/Leaf Green, or Heart Gold/Soul Silver. It's a new game that revisits these regions, and takes place around the time Black 2/White 2 do. The game will be for 3DS, and have entirely polygonal graphics.

To be honest, it sounds awesome, but I have a hard time believing it. Wonder what they'll announce? Announcement is at 6:00 AM EST.

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    If that rumor is true, the 3DS will finally have a game that makes the device a must-have for many, many people who haven't bought one yet.

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    My kids, especially my oldest, are going to be excited for this. :)