Experienced writer available for games

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Stranded87, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    #1 Stranded87, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    Hi, if anyone's working on a game and could use the help of a writer I'd like to offer my services. I'm a professional freelance writer with work on various websites, some of which are pretty big and have up to 17 million hits a month.

I'm not sure what the policy on posting links to other sites is so I won't for now, but if you want some examples of my commercial work just PM me. Generally the writing I do is reviews of smartphones, tablets and apps, as well as other articles about them. However in my spare time I also work on fiction and to date I've written two novels and several short stories. You can find a sample of my fiction writing here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwk2ojp8t8vfy6v/writing%20sample.docx

That's the opening to a sci-fi novel I've written, but i'm not limited to just sci-fi, I also have experience in fantasy, noir, supernatural, thrillers, romance and drama and am always up for trying new genres too.

I've never actually written for a game before, but I've been playing them for the last 20 years on pretty much every format under the sun and if you've got an interesting project then I'd love to get involved.

2. Stranded87

Sep 18, 2009
    I'm still available if anyone needs a writer.

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Nice story sadly the iOS has less deep story driven games. Wish they would pick up though. Might have a better chance for indie 360 though.

4. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Where are you based, and how are you at horrors

5. Stranded87

Sep 18, 2009
    I'm based in England. To be honest I've never written horror (I've now updated my original post with a list of the specific genres that I have experience in). However I'm no stranger to horror in books, film and games, so I'm certainly up for at least discussing the project if you'd like.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Anyone can do horror but its hard to master because there's mini genres out there. Hope you can work with cubes because that would be awsome they have a really good game. It would be sweet to see what kind of horror you can come up with.

7. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    We are uk too, there are a few projects in the pipeline, two horror and one sci fi. Not sure how much text there will be but will keep you in mind, could you drop me your email as a pm?

8. Stranded87

Sep 18, 2009