Aera - Upcoming iPhone game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SejRiz, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SejRiz

SejRiz Member

May 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

• Different mission types (Aerobatic, Dog-fight, Race) plus bonus - Free Flight
    • MultiPlayer Game (Duel and Capture the Flag)
    • Advanced and carefully tuned physics simulation
    • Different Locations and Planes to fly
    • All the environments are carefully modeled in 3D
    The gameplay mechanics are a mix of side-scroller and flight simulator. You play in a real 3D environment and control the throttle and pitch of your plane, plus a couple more "Special" moves. It might sound too simple, but it's not - advanced physics simulation allow you to perform very complex tricks and movements. With practice you will be able to master more and more fun maneuvers. This will allow you to use different tactics to complete each game mission. Also, with advancing through the game you will get faster and more powerful airplanes, better weapons, and you will face more challenging AI opponents.
    Essentially, the game can be defined as casual 2.5D flight simulator. Since the physics model is "real" but simplified, it allows you to start off easily, but as you advance and master the controls, you'll discover more possibilities and ways of flying. Eventually, you might find it fun and enjoyable just to fly the planes around the scenery, hence the Free Flight Mode.

www.ichromo.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://iphonevolt.ru/news/June%202009/Aera.htm

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Whoa!

Video looks awesome. How soon before this comes out? Looks like a game I would defintely be interested in. Are you going to have several plane models that can be piloted? It looks like it from the video, but I 'm not sure.

Lots of modes, and who doesn't like surviving a direct hit to "do over" again?

Can't wait..

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Oh my, this looks absolutely gorgeous. Graphics are looking amazing! How far away are you from submission?

4. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
  5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Fantastic -- can't wait to check it out.

6. lcwz

lcwz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    This looks great! However, I'm stumped by how the controls work. Is it on rails where tilting the iDevice maneuvers the plane while its on its rails?

7. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Very eye catching, though is this going to be multiplayer bluetooth, wifi, or online? Seems very nice

8. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I hope there's multiplayer, this might satisfy my appetite for Prop plane combat sims.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Don't only Listen to those multiplayer guys. :D

There are plenty of guys like me that enjoy single player, and never engage in multiplayer, or online.

Not meant as a flame, just making sure dev hears both sides...

Happy 4th..

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

11. asianness

asianness Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Release date and price?

Looks cools, probably gonna buy it.
    Hopefully $2.99 or under though.

12. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    #12 Prab, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
    Wow... nice graphics. I love the background: the fields and the mountains...

Not too sure about the controls though.

Edit: Does anyone understand how the controls work? I only see tilting up and down. this makes sense when the plane is moving from left to right. But sometimes its diving straight down and stuff :confused:

13. jack000

jack000 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Wow this looks so awesome!!!

14. ichromo

ichromo Well-Known Member

controls

Hi, I'm the dev of this game, wanted to clarify about the controls.
    It's not on rails, you can do loops, etc.
    So, basics are like this:
    By tilting left/right you control pitch (up/down) of the aircraft. So if you keep tilting, you can go let's say vertical down, if you still keep tilting - you can go the other way or make a loop. Of course you have to watch your speed and use throttle controller - for example, you can not just fly vertically up forever (you will slow down and eventually start falling); or when you go down, your speed increases, etc.
    And than you can do flipping (like roll) by flicking the phone and some other things.
    You don't control the aircraft left/right - this is the side-scroller part. But other than that - you have total control, can do anything. The aircraft basically lives in 2D plane in 3D world.
    Hope I did not confuse you too much with my explanations :)

15. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

Simply stunning graphics - makes me wanna play just to fly around in the lovely scenery. :)

16. Seconded. This is looking pretty impressive, and multiplayer doesn't factor much into whether I decide to buy it or not -- and it's looking like it just might go on my buy list.

17. ichromo

multyplayer

about multiplayer - the game will be released with 2 players WiFi multiplayer, peer2peer BT will be added with update.

If you have any questions about the game - post it here, we'll be happy to answer :)

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    WRT general exploring - How large are the worlds? Will there be obstacles presented that will be able to be "used" in the game? Like flying through a barn, or doing a loop around a bridge?

Totally looks cool though, and will defintely be on my list.

19. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    the controls seem simple enough, is there gonna be a story?

20. ichromo

worlds

The worlds are big, you have over 5km long play area (terrain loops if you go over this), 4km depth (but you can not go in - side-scroller part, remember).
    And yes, there will be some stuff in the world you can crash into or fly around, pick-ups, etc.