Dungeon Hunter 4 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yep same here, it's not out yet and already quite disappointed. Good thing games like Pylon and Exiles are coming out

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Give it a chance, I love loot based games like this so I really dont have a problem with spending a little IAP on my "type" of games. I just cant stand timer based games.

3. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #183 Brrobotix, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    correct me if I'm wrong but is it safe to say that we will have to pay gems (premium currency) to unlock skills instead of leveling up and getting them through experience? if so, that might be a gamebreaker for me, but I guess it could be possible that paying gems to unlock skills only applies to skills that are unlocked at later levels, and gems unlock them earlier than they would otherwise be available. I don't know, this one might still be worth checking out. The reason I hated the last one, in addition to the arena-only thing, is that you had to pay to get skills, which is just ridiculous.

Edit- after re-watching it that might be the case. If the IAP system in this one is fair, I'll probably bite. I don't mind spending a few bucks to unlock an extra character slot or something, but when I need it to buy consumables to get through a level, or to pay to avoid waiting for armor upgrades, its too far. From what I've seen here the IAP system might actually be fair. Annoying, but fair. And given how glorious the graphics look, I want this bad.

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Guys lets be more positive about this game. It looks massively better than anything else in this genre we have seen on iOS. Ok iap but it might not be crippling and if you were ok with paying 6-7 bucks for a premium title, I'm sure 7 bucks worth of gems will take u places u want to go.

It's a major graphics upgrade to dh2, and the combat looks like it feels better as well. I am a known gameloft hater mostly and was very skeptical about this game. But after seeing the videos I am relieved and this may very well be the next best thing to premium. Very impressed so far and this game is only a multiplayer mode away from being up to my expectations for a great iOS arpg.

5. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Seeing that video, I'm a lot more optimistic about this one. Seems like it might maintain a good balance. Cautiously optimistic, though.

BTW - how do I mark this on my watch list in the TA app?

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    As long as there is no pay or wait timers it should be pretty good!

7. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I agree, any pay timers or wait timers that prey on children's OCD is no good.

8. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    It looked great until he said u have to pay money to unlock skills

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Wonder when it'll come out

They said April and Iron man comes out last week of April so I reckon the week before as Gameloft wouldn't release both in the same week would they?

10. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I don't think you do, I think that's mainly just to unlock them early.

11. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    So they've segmented the arenas for PvP and Co-Op play? Best of both worlds.

I'm happy to drop some money on this if it's good. Bring it on, Gameloft.

12. DelBiss

DelBiss Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Explain to me how DH1 and 2 was not linear?

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If i remember Dungeon Hunter 2 (granted its been a while) there were lots of side quests. I'm sure you could also access different locations whenever you wanted

I remember killing bandits in the forest which then opened up new areas to explore ? Again its been a while since i've played it but i'm sure it allowed me to go to different locations ?

14. DelBiss

DelBiss Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Ok, so in DH2, the story is linear, but have a lot of side quest.

Also, if you watch this video, you'll see that DH4 have a world map.

http://youtu.be/6-yKwdIzb3g

15. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #195 Brrobotix, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    DH2 was non-linear, meaning you could go almost anywhere in the game world at any time to side quests or just to fight enemies. Certain areas required you to have a certain elemental fairy or something to access, but for the most part nothing was off-limits (blocked off areas were mostly dungeons separate from the main world map, the forest area sort of acted as the hub that all other areas were accessed from). I'm not sure how DH4 will be with this.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I hope i explained it to you then. Yes the main story is 'linear' but like you say there are a lot of side quests so to me its not a 'true' linear game, i've got many like that but DH2 did offer something different.

17. DelBiss

DelBiss Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Well, You'll see.....

18. DizzyNBG

DizzyNBG Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    I think he is talking about DH 1, 2 or 3

19. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Instadownplete?