Universal Star Wars™: KOTOR (by Aspyr Media, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 30, 2013.

1. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I finally
    killed Calo, for what I hope is the last time I have to. I spent probably a combined hour trying to get lucky and use the right weapons and now he's finally dead.

3. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Yep that's the last time you need to fight Calo,he's truly dead.
    I always bring a full party of Jedi with me if I know there's a boss coming. If you thought
    Calo
    was hard,keep some buff giving items with you for the next major one. Hyper versions preferred because
    He is a Malak's apprentice and he's got two Jedi friends with him. He himself has a double bladed lightsaber,and he's hard to kill,he's pretty difficult to hit with force powers without a high will.
    If any of you wish to open those spoilers they contain some boss fight stuff in them,and who they are. Not too spoilery but they can be considered such. One trick that saved my life a ton is pausing the game,going to my inventory and finding my medpacs. You can heal from the menu,which is very helpful-I'd suggest doing so in any boss fight.

4. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks for the fantastic tips! Really helpful stuff.

5. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Great medpac tip there :)

6. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Anyone else find it a bit out of place that this now sends push notifications about progress and quests? I don't mind it, but it's a bit weird.

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, it doesn't need me to play it to make the developer more money, so why would they put that in there? I mean, it makes me smile when I look down and see that instead of some meeting notification or something, but it's not a f2p timer notification kind of game.

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    No told me this was D20 star wars...
    AWESOME!

9. tungtrinh87

tungtrinh87 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I'm on tatooine world now and i dont have enough money to buy HK 47 for a light side walk through. And i know that the swoop race give you money but it's so hard to beat now. Someone please help me

10. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Go to the desert and grind for a bit and sell all the stuff you do not need.

11. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    You don't gain dark side points for picking up the clothes from sand people you've killed and walking in. You can fight them all in there with zero reprecussion and you can complete the quest from czerka. You'll get a good amount of cash too. I usually just go back and buy him later on in the game. Midway through my second planet I usually have disposable cash,just sell whatever items you don't use or don't think you'll need.

12. AspyrMatt

AspyrMatt Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Easy money throughout the game: Milk your crew-mates on the Ebon Hawk for consumables (Mission for Spikes, Zaalbar for grenades, etc.), put them in the storage container in the cargo hold when they say you've got enough (so you can get more), then go to Yavin to sell at boosted prices.

13. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Well, I seem to have somewhat of a problem.
    I was breaking into the sith base on Manaan, and of course a fight happened now I'm under arrest. Is there any way to complete the trailed without being executed? My last save was close to an hour before that, so I'd like to not go back that far.

14. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Hope this helps...
    http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3375/t255074-arrested-on-manaan-help/

15. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    It is indeed possible to get out of that mess without getting killed. I don't remember what exact dialogue choices I did but you need to have rescued the Selkath inside from turning dark,and then that'll make everything MUCH easier. Or you can jump through the hoops of lying to them. I usually say the Sith invited me in so it looks like they attempted to ambush me. Hope that helps

16. FMLS

FMLS New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    The controls would be perfect if it were possible to move and pan the camera at the same time (using both your thumbs, left for movement and right for panning). As it is, walking and looking around are done with the same finger, making moveving feel rather clunky. Please implement this feature Aspyr, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it!

17. FMLS

FMLS New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Double post, sorry!

18. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    You get used to the touch controls after a while,I'd say an hour or so of play time.

19. FMLS

FMLS New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    #999 FMLS, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    You might get used to them, but they're never fluid or satisfying. The flaws are noticeable and could very easily be fixed, so I don't get why they seem adamant in keeping it as it is -- complaints about movement are literally the only criticism this port has received from reviewers.

20. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Big problems trying to play this on iPhone 6 plus. The display is off centre and inputs don't work properly