Straight - Solitaire [Looking for Beta testers]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fluiddot, Sep 25, 2015.

1. fluiddot

fluiddot Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    GameDev / Lord Cat Games / Gamer
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi!
    I welcome everyone to be beta tester of my last game.

If you are interested in be a part of the beta testing, please send me an email to [email protected].

Description:
    Straight is a new Solitaire game perfect to play casually, it combines the traditional solitaire gameplay with the amazing rules of Uno.

The rules are very easy:
    · Your hand is in the middle, every card has a color and a number (like Poker cards).
    · Around your hand there are the cards.
    · Tap a card that matches either the next number, the same or the previous number of your hand, this means find a pair or to make a straight.
    · If the card you tapped matches the color of your hand you will score 1 point.
    · The game ends when you run out of cards to make more moves.

Play solo and try to beat your highscore or compete with people all over the world to score the high score in the leaderboard.

Thanks for playing and we hope you enjoy this game ;)

Release Date:
    October, 2015

2. fluiddot

Apr 17, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
  3. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I will test!
    Emailed you..

4. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I was watching your video....would you consider making the "cards" look more like poker chips?
    There is potential for a really nice minimalist aesthetic here....also would you allow background options like color choice?

5. fluiddot

Apr 17, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
    Yeah, that's a fantastic idea.
    About the background, I've been turning it over my head and I will probably add the choice of change the background pattern and the color.

Thanks for the ideas, I really appreciate it ;)

6. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Been playing a bit today.
    No bugs yet...

The game is a good idea, I was thinking that you could add another element of actual solitaire by having to clear a deck of cards with making straights. This way you might be more careful which card you pick next, or what direction you go in.

Or you could add multiple modes where you have several cards to match to on the top or bottom, and you can only match one color to each one, or something.
    Just throwing things out, I'm not sure what would actually work, as I'm sure you've considered a lot of variations during design

7. fluiddot

Apr 17, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
    Thanks, I'm glad to hear you didn't get any bugs :)

I totally agree about the new game modes, when I was designing the game, a lot of game modes came to my head but I wasn't very sure which to add. The solitaire mode you comment sounds really good, I think it would great to have it.
    I'm going to develop the game mode the next week and I will update the current version so you can give it a try ;)

Thanks for your ideas, I really found them very helpful :)