Universal Card Monsters: 3 Minute Duels (By MU77 NETWORK TECHNOLOGY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 13, 2017.

1. JonnyRo1

JonnyRo1 Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Later unlocked in player levels, there are events which are PVE.

Aside from that, has anyone made a TouchArcade guild?

2. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #22 Mistrija, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017

3. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I was in the closed beta for this as soon as it released. This is an amazing card game with an incredible amount of depth beneath its simple-looking surface. Don't pass this one up.

4. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    I'm very impressed so far. I've been playing a few hours total since yesterday and have leveled up to level 13 so far, unlocking many features not immediately available at the start, such as events, quests, guilds, crafting, etc.

I've spent only $0.99 on a promo offer and have opened more than 40 free card packs from leveling up in arena and completing quests. I've got at least half the available cards including 5 legendaries and six Epics.

The aesthetics and sense of humor are directly lifted from Hearthstone, but I like it. The game is like Hearthstone-lite. Great for those who enjoy Hearthstone but who don't have the time it requires to be competive.

I hope it's a success in the App Store!

5. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #25 TheSop, Jul 14, 2017
    Good game, anyone playing on iOS had a message pop up saying something about making sure you are signed into Game Center? It's only popped up a couple of times, mainly when I started the game for the first time but I am definately signed into Game Center when the message came up? Not a big issue but maybe a bug?

6. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #26 Mistrija, Jul 14, 2017
    But also has that nice "twist" with only three card slots and by making those not strategically being equal, plus with clever boost cards, and possibility to once per turn sacrifice card to gain mana, where u have to think in advance about order of damage bein dealth, I almost like the gameplay more than Hearthstone.

7. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    You're right, there's still opportunities for deep strategy and, as you point out, there are some interesting twists in gameplay.

By the way, I've not been able to determine what the two numbers near the manna count icon represent. Any one know?

8. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #28 Mistrija, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Left number is for item cards total, on the right is the monster cards total (which makes it basically a player's life counter) both counting cards in play field + cards in hand as well. Not just remaining/hidden ones. I think...

9. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #29 Mistrija, Jul 15, 2017
    I'm still puzzled about mixing fractions/colors strategies in context of optimizing deck. Are mono decks better than two color ones or does that even matter here as just might looks? Or optimizing deck primarily has to do with choosing the most powerful unlocked cards at the moment almost regardless of color at all?

What about melee vs ranged ratio?

10. Machiknight

Machiknight Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    My take:

This game is great and tons of fun! It's a great freemium. About the packs, I've opened like 20 or so and only gotten a single card higher than rare, so that part kinda sucks, probably enough for me to be vary wary about spending money.

Also: don't even THINK about playing this game off wifi. Playing in full on LTE was a sh1tshow of disconnects.

A small annoyance; it takes almost a full minute to load to the main menu from closed. iPhone 6.

11. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Playing on wifi has been nonstop disconnects as well, at least the later part of today's launch, their servers obviously struggling. I'm sure they'll work it out as game certainly has potential.

12. MintCity

Jun 24, 2016
    I am in direct contact with the devs and they know about the connection problems, as far as I am aware. Stuff like this is to be expected at launch. They will smooth it out for sure. They have a very dedicated team.

13. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #33 TheSop, Jul 15, 2017
    There is no Game Center banner that appears saying welcome back like it does with other games. Also if you click on the cog icon and log out, then click Game Center to log back in it says make sure you are logged into Game Center and you have to click it again.

Anyone mind checking this happens on their game?

14. MintCity

Jun 24, 2016
    #34 MintCity, Jul 15, 2017
    From playing this game for about 6 months (in closed beta) I learned these few things about building a deck:

#1. Upgrading cards is INTEGRAL to winning in the higher tiers of arena. Some cards have more cons or unwanted stats later down the road once you level them up. Only upgrade cards you want in the long run. Make sure you are aware of each of your card's later levels. I can't stress this enough.

#2. Melee monsters are basically used as meat shields.You want them to stay on the field as long as possible. Obviously, the more health and attack, the better. However, always include monsters that have more health when possible. I've found it's better to sacrifice including a card in a deck when it has only 1 more attack than a card that has more health. Include the one with more health. This includes cards that have built in traits that increase their survivability. The same applies for ranged characters too but I wouldn't put as much emphasis on health. You want them to hit as hard as possible because they can attack ranged and Melee monsters. They are more flexible and usually end up dealing more damage than Melee during a match.

#3. You should try to keep an even number of Melee and ranged characters in your deck. Of course, this depends on your item choices for Melee/ranged monsters in your deck. Some decks have a little more or less, depending on if they include items that make their melee characters last longer on the field. Same goes for ranged monsters.

#4. Combos are huge in this game. You will learn that the colors of cards are not as important as monster/item consistency. Consistency is really important in this game because of how few cards you have in a deck. Due to this, huge combos are more commonplace/possible. Don't pay attention to color unless you are trying to pair items with a monsters. Focus only on the stats of monsters.

5. Cost vs Value. This is known by anyone who has played any CCG. It applies here as well.

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to ask me any more questions you might have! That goes for anyone and everyone!:)

15. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Anyone want to be friends? My ID is XTWLM
    Is that how you search for people?

16. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    #36 Mistrija, Jul 15, 2017
    Tanks for info! There is actually one thing; I'm not sure that I understand some of the materials and resources needed for upgrading cards and how to acquire them.

17. Mistrija

Mistrija Active Member

Jan 31, 2014
    I haven't encountered much disconnections but some crashes, yes. iPhone 5

18. kei00

kei00 Member

Feb 9, 2010
    I used to have access to card crafting when I hit proficiency 3 but now at proficiency 10, my card crafting interface is blank. I have no options to craft any card. Does anyone else have this issue?

19. MintCity

Jun 24, 2016
    #39 MintCity, Jul 15, 2017
    Runes are used to upgrade cards. There used to be only one universal type of runes for upgrading monsters and another for items, but now you have different runes for each rarity of monster and item cards. Want to upgrade an epic monster card? Better get some epic monster runes. Want to upgrade a rare item card? Better get some rare item runes. Runes are obtained from duplicate cards, buying them from the shop, events, and earning them from quests.

Other people are posting about it in the in-app forums and their discord. I let them know that you are having the same problem. They are aware of it.

I am going to make one pretty soon! It will be labeled as TouchArcade. I'll notify you when I do!

20. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I have tried on my wife's iPhone and the same thing happens and also has an email from the Dev who has said that they haven't properly implemented Game Center yet. I have replied asking if our accounts are definitely backed up but still waiting for a reply.