Be Free or Die

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MexicanJesus, Jan 10, 2010.

1. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    This game was free yesterday and I tried several times to download it. Everytime I got an error that the item was under maintence. Now today I try again and it's 99cents. Did anyone get it, and can tell me if it is good or not? I love CoD:Zombies(storyless), MC:S(beat it), Nova(beat it), eliminate(getting bored). So I want a decent FPS to work on again. If you played this game tell me what you think of it. iTunes reviews are short and unhelpful from all the casual gamers who only got it because it was free. Thanks.

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i got a promo code but i can give you honest feedback.

this is a great zombie shooting game and there are many control schemes (dual stick, slide screen and more). it also has a great 'feel' to it.

the graphics aren't excellent and there are only 5 or 6 levels but it is still an great game and i had a lot of fun with it and it is well worth the money

3. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Hmm.. About half as many as nova/mc:sandstorm. Does it save your progress between levels or midlevel aswell(like in nova). And how in depth are the levels(if able relate them to another iPhone fps from my first post). I am very intrested in the game but I'm trying to cut back my purchases to only 1 it 2 apps a month :p

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    That game looks pretty crappy to me.

If you want a good FPS, try 'Infinity Project'.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-infinity-project/id344783567?mt=8

I was expecting this game to be bad, but it is actually really good.
    The game runs nice and smooth, good graphics and the gameplay is good.

Probably one of the best and most underrated FPS games on the iPhone.

5. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Wow, infinity project looks great. Appears better graphics than be free or die..
    And idea on how many levels or game hours and is the story good? Seems some good fps coming out in 2010 so far. I'm torn between the two now.

6. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Cliche story, but it's definitely one of THE BEST FPS's I've played on the iDevice. Graphics are actually pretty nice, and there's like 8 weapons you can unlock in game. You can free-roam the levels, and the estimated play time for an average FPS gamer is 8 to 10 hours. Basically the game is NOVA with lesser graphics, free-roaming, more weapons, and twice as long of a play time. I highly recommend Infinity Project.

7. theaustrianoak

theaustrianoak Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    both games are woth the 0.99 that they cost

8. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    +1

It's an awesome game and the developer is active on the forums gathering bug reports and new ideas from other gamers.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    What they said.

10. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    +1

You cant go wrong either way. The dev of Be Free Or Die is adding features for an update right now. So dont completely forget about it till then.

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

To me, be free or di is much mire of a casual fps And it's the game that turned me fro
    being an absolute fps hater. Infinity project is too hard fo me at the money and I'm currntly stuck on the third level (that is if you finish the level when you get through a keycard door. If not, I'm still on level one)

12. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Just an update, I decided on Infinity Project and I love it! Already put some decent time into. I was over at the dev's topic in the games forum and the next update is addressing all of the "little issues/bugs" that I could complain about, so it seems the choice will only be made better in the future. :D

I'm still intrested in live free or die, and my birthday is in two weeks so perhaps I will treat myself to that one aswell. Ahhh... Guilty pleasure. :p

13. stubbornmoose

stubbornmoose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Let me know I will send you a promo code ;)