Universal Defender Chronicles II: Heroes of Athelia (By Gimka Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Adams Immersive, welcome back to Athelia! Where have you been? :)

ArtNJ, we added a minor adjustment to the background color in the tooltip to make it more visible when the reputation is not enough. We will consider adding a dialog box later after we are done with more important features (iCloud, new maps, etc).

HLW, the option for Border vs Stretch is still in our todo list.

deadclown, in DC1 you also need to unlock that ability from the Great Library. We have increased the selling price of SOW (see update below).

Flan, LearnIIBurn, DaviddesJ, thanks for the comments and I'm glad you can enjoy the game as is! ;)

gunxsword, you can always sell the SOW for tokens, especially after v1.0.1 the SOW can be sold for higher selling price.
    IAP equipments are good for up to Heroic. Once, you get to Legend, there are better equipments. Legend is very hard, however, so I won't recommend it for most people.
    You only need to finish the level with the monster to see its stats.
    You can visit our forums for walkthroughs.

Minor update v1.0.1 has been submitted.
    http://www.defenderchronicles.com/forum/index.php?topic=2316.0
    - The selling price of Spoil of War items is now 20% of its actual value (previously 6%).
    - Golem Slayer Tahl Asel now has 480 Attack and is also affected by the Greatsword medal. Available at Tradeshop for General at rep Renowned.
    - Knight Lords gains +1 Move.
    - Fixed Wizards and Melwen with Fire Wand can shoot invisible Assassins.
    - Few minor visual and sound adjustments.

Next major update v1.1 will be submitted on June 4th.

2. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    What is this BBQ I keep hearing about?

3. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    #183 Plast2, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    The BBQ, or Blaze Ball Quicksilver is an Initial Release Bonus Item only. With update 1.1 it'll be replaced by PRADA. The BBQ is one for the General, and you'll find it in the Trade Shop. So get it while you can ;)

You can at all times look to your in-game Game Manual to see which unique items can be found in which shop, and in our forum we have a "Hunt for the Uniques!" thread. Here you can also see the current stats for the BBQ.

4. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I'm not seeing it.

5. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Teh_Ninja, the item should be in Trade Shop at the 5th tab as shown in the screenshot. But you need to get General to rep 4 (eminent) first.

BBQ screenshot

6. FraggleJP

FraggleJP Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I cant access the game forums. It gives me an error: Sorry guest, you ate banned from using the forums!

Ive tried registering but get the same error.

Ive never visited the forums before so dont know why id be banned!

About the game, Im having fun! Its very difficult, but this is good in the long run! I caved in and bought some gold to try the priest hero. And honestly he seems really weak compared to melwen, but i guess i wont see his true power until ive levelled him up a lot.

7. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Like 4.0? I'm not even 2.0 with Melwen, and I've been using her this entire time.

8. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    If you look at those found in the Trade Shop so far, it's 7th from the top:

| Blaze Ball Quicksilver (Initial Release Bonus Item)
    | Fires a Bolt of Flame at a foe, inflicting area fire damage equal to 40% Attack.
    | +4 Combat
    | +8 Morale
    | +4 Cunning
    | +60 to Hero's Attack
    | +120 to Hero's Radius

9. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    #189 Plast2, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    The database of those banned are registered by a number of factors, like ip, mail, username and so on. And more than one of those has to be a 'married' match, so to speak, before the database then 'believes' you are the one banned at the time. We do rarely ban someone, and usually only if someone has been excessively rude, flammed another member and so on.

If you pm me your details, I'll check them against the database and see why you would be in it.

10. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    How do I hurt the big crystal golem? I think its the one that comes with the rock golems (not the first two crystal ones).
    My archmages can't damage them, and Melwin with ice staff can't dent it either. 2 lv 5 lizard embassies don't have any effect on them. My Cavalier doesn't do anything either.

11. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Try using a fire wand with Melwen ;)

12. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Hm I see...
    Didn't bother using fire wand (low damage) so promoted my lv 5 mage into a wizard instead. That made all the difference...

I should really wean myself out of my reliance on archmage... -_-'

13. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Is the game still crashing for you? I have a 2nd gen and I've been thinking about getting this, so hopefully it doesn't crash anymore >.>

14. FraggleJP

FraggleJP Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Ive never visitef the forums so i havent misbehaved at all! Also im just not the type!

Only thing i can think of, could it be that i live in japan?

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    How do you give a potion to a guild?

What is the point of squires, the stats dont really seem to fill any useful nitch between warriors and berserkers?

Besides the tremendously useful halflings, what other secrets are actually useful?

Thanks!

16. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    That's the only thing I've come across. If you enjoy a grind, pick this game up.

It's still fun though.

17. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks for the info. Does it crash every time at this point, or only occasionally?

18. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Just tried it, and it didn't crash. I'd say your good to go.

(maybe it was a glitch, I've only had it crash twice on me.)

19. vapourtrail

vapourtrail Member

May 7, 2009
    Game has crashed on me 4 times this morning in the middle of Hellstand, Casual, newest iPod touch all updated.

All different times. Once it happened destroying a building. Once on the Giant Spider. Last crash was on wave 61.

20. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

ArtNJ,
    Buy the potions from TradeShop 5th tab and equip them on your hero's accessory slots. In the game, just select a guild, and choose the give potion button. If you select the guild again, in the guild info you will see there is a potion icon and the number of potions. The units will use the potions by themselves automatically when they need it. Health potions will be used when the units need to replenish their health quickly. Mana potions will be used by spellcasters, Paladins, or Grand Paladins to replenish their mana.

Squires can be upgraded to Knights, Cavaliers or Captains. Warriors can be upgraded to Berserkers, Paladins or Swordmasters. Though, you will need to unlock the required medals first.

vapourtrail,
    Restarting the device or closing other apps in the background should help. The game uses lot of textures. We'll try to reduce the memory usage in future updates.

Happy defending! :)