iPhone Neon Shadow FPS from Tasty Poison Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tasty_poison, Jun 6, 2013.

1. tasty_poison

tasty_poison Active Member

Aug 16, 2010
    making games and drinkin'
    Cape Town
    Hi TA fans from TPG!

Here are a few teaser shots from our upcoming game Neon Shadow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neon Shadow is a FPS that was first conceived as an OUYA gamejam type of effort by one of our programmers and a few of our artists here at TPG (link) This was so much fun we decided to put it into production. We are one month into development and hope to release the first version in 1-2 months. Our goal for NS was to challenge ourselves with a tight schedule without sacrificing the quality and polish TPG is known for, and so far we are on track!
    Our inspirations came mostly from Doom and Quake for gameplay; Deus Ex and Mass Effect for art.

The first version/episode of NS will be single player with future plans to make it multiplayer co-op and then multiplayer PVP.
    Throughout this ongoing project more levels, weapons and enemies will be produced.
    Initial plans would be to make this an affordable premium title with no plans for IAPs.

We will keep you updated each week with our progress, and hope to get a bunch of feedback / questions from all you FPS players.

Cheers! and Ka-boom!!! (Shotgun sound that is heard all over the office lately...)

Steve
    TPG coffee fetcher / robot destroyer.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah! Sci fi goodness. I like what i see.

3. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    This looks great..more pics please :)

4. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    Looks Great!

5. tasty_poison

Aug 16, 2010
    Cape Town
    As promised, our weekly update!
    Our schedule is still on track without much slave whipping going on, unless asked for by the sicko's that work here.

Here is one of our flying enemies. If we could post the sound you would hear how creepy these things are dropping out of the ceilings at you.

We are in a debate right now over a name for these buggers. Post replies and we will put it to a studio vs player challenge poll!

Steve bizzzzzzzzzzzz! wrrr! wrrr! bizzzzzzzz!
    TPG

[​IMG]

6. tasty_poison

Aug 16, 2010
    Cape Town
    Thursday update is here! (Drums roll, Fanfare.... fans... toot?)
    Latest shot of the WIP. More environment, better shotgun texture, added flying drone and lots of stuff under the hood! Stuff the human eye just can't see. (Magic I think...)

[​IMG]

We are going with The DXR1-DRAGONFLY. Thinking the crawlers can be called SRB12-SCARAB... any other ideas?

Steve. (Robot namer!)

7. Hey everyone, we've received requests for multiplayer and have an exciting update to share with you: in addition to online play, we will be launching with split screen co-op on one iPad! As far as we know this is a first for the iPad and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Here is a video showing how it works.

[hqyoutube]jo_BhVPMHXc[/hqyoutube]​
    Let us know what you think :)

8. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    The looks unreal. Love the explosions and the split screen multiplayer. Are you thing of doing a beta with test flight because i would be happy to do that.

9. tasty_poison

Aug 16, 2010
    Cape Town
    G'day FPS fans!

Been too long since I have left an update!!!
    We are real busy here in the TPG studio getting Neon Shadow ready for some awesome FPS actionorama. We are feature ready with our single player campaign, putting multiplayer Death Match in place and as we posted earlier split screen gameplay on a single device which can be played Co-Op is up and running http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo_BhVPMHXc. Music is beyond fanatastic, fueled by Abducted by Sharks... lots happening to say the least. For some eye candy I am leaving you with an image by Filip (one of our TPG artists), taken from a cutscene in campaign mode.

Cheers!

Steve (That update guy...)

[​IMG]