Might and Magic Clash of Heroes (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tieutieumama

tieutieumama New Member

May 22, 2012
    I'm so waiting for this amazing game to come on iOS!!!
    Insta buy for sure!

Touch controls seems to me adapted to Clash, it will feels way more natural than PC, consoles or even DS controls.

One question though, a chance to be Universal? :)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cant find solid news for this. I guess the wait is still on. Here's to hoping.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#43 killercow, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    Ubisoft has announced a 24th January release date for Might & Magic Clash of Heroes on iPhone, iPod and iPad, priced £2.99.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-08-might-and-magic-clash-of-heroes-ios-release-date

So so so so freaking hyped! If it still features all the content of the xbla version (multiplayer?) without any intrusive IAP, at that price it will be more than a must have ;) (And Tag Games are really good!)

Edit: "Add in bosses, battle puzzles, changing victory conditions, and a multiplayer mode, and you've got a nearly never-ending amount of content."
    Yes!
    http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/might-and-magic-clash-of-heroes-hands-on-preview

Maybe Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is next :)

4. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Just saw the front page story and cannot wait! Easly wirth the $5, considering it was a full DS title. And as I hoped, online multiplayer! Main remaining question, is it real time or did they make it asynchronous? Wouldn't mind both ad options, or something like ascension, but we shall see.

Buy this if you have any liking of strategy games. It's by far my favorite match game
    Ever.

5. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    #45 Ubi_Irina, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    Clash of Heroes is coming on iOS

Hello everyone,

I'm Ubi_Irina, a Community developer on this great game!

Check out the announcement trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0ujea0-Puk

Keep looking for this icon if you are interested in the game (the game will be released on January 24th)
    [​IMG]

Today I'd like to give you some more information on Clash of Heroes. If you have any specific questions, please, post below!

1/ What is the release date for Might & Magic Clash of Heroes on iOS?

We are glad to announce that Clash of Heroes will be available on mobile devices on January 24th!
    If you want to learn more about Clash of Heroes, you can check out the official site. There are a lot of details about different factions, heroes, spells, units and so on. Have a look!

2/ What platform will be available at launch?

For now, only the iOS version will be available at launch, even if we’re already working on the Android platform and also studying new platforms.

3/ Could you give us release dates per platform?

The release date is set to January, the 24th on iOS, while we don’t have any specific date on Android as the development is still ongoing.

4/ Will the iOS version be compatible with other platforms?

To start, you will be able to play on both iPads and iPhones. It means that if you buy Clash of Heroes on your iTunes account, you’ll be able to download the game on your iPad and iPhone (if you have both).
    You will also be able to play on iPad with someone playing on iPhone and vice-versa. We wanted to make it easy and accessible for users.
    Unfortunately, the iOS version will not be compatible with other versions (DS, PS3, Xbox360, PC).

5/ What countries will be available at launch and later on?

As the iOS version is a port from the HD version, we made sure to include all the languages previously available meaning: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Czech and Russian. We hope you’ll have fun with the whole international community!

I would like to invite you to visit the official Might & Magic portal to get more news on the game http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/universe/en-GB/home/index.aspx

There is also another thread I have started (in the iPad section): http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2619573#post2619573

Stick around for more info!

Ubi_Irina

6. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    At last!
    A game that should have been released months or years ago.
    :)

7. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Hey Ubi_Irina!
    Thanks for the infos, I'm really glad that we have a release date now. Joypuked a bit and all. :D
    I have two questions:
    1) Will this be a worldwide release? I mean not only for selected territories, right?
    2) Will this work on an iPod Touch 4th gen?
    Thanks in advance.

8. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011
    Hello Ubi_Irina!
    Can you please tell us the uncompressed size of this game?
    Thanks!

9. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Looking forward to the 24th :D

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #50 Pitta, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

AT LAST!!!
    Can't wait!!!
    I guess it's an universal build, so I'll ask...does it support iCloud (like Rayman)?
    Does it support Gamecenter?
    Thanks!

(Since we are here...are there any chances for an update about Ghost Recon for iOS? Is it canned? Is it still coming? Again, thanks!)

11. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Would you be able to elaborate on the online play? Is it in real time like the previous versions? Will it be asynchronous? Options to play eiter way or some way to have a time limit? Thanks!

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Woohoo! FANTASTIC game! I'm looking forward to playing it again. There's only one game of all the hybrid puzzle RPG titles that gets the nod over this one, that being the original Puzzle Quest. The only bummer with this one is that if you are in it for the single-player campaign, there's less replayability than PQ. Still an extraordinary game and thrilled it will finally make its way to iOS.

13. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Might & Magic Clash of Heroes (iOS): answers to your questions

Hello,

I'm back to answer some of your questions :).
    Clash of Heroes on iOS will be released on January 24th worldwide. The following languages will be supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Russian.

The game will definitely work on iPad Touch 4th generation. It will work more smoothly on the end devices such as iPhone 5 and new iPad.

As for the uncompressed size of the game, right now the game takes around 1,9GB after being installed.

We’re happy to say that the game does support iCloud (like Rayman). We made sure our players will be able to start playing on their iPad at home, then switch to their iPhone while being away, and then switch back to their iPad.

The game will also support GameCenter, including Leaderboards, Achievements, Multiplayer and Friends.

The Android version is currently "work in progress". Unfortunately, we can't give you any precise release date as at the moment we are focused on releasing the iOS version first.

Windows phone is not planned so far, sorry for Windows phone owners.

The multiplayer mode will be asynchronous indeed.

Hope these answers can help you to figure out what's the game is all about.
    So, what do you think about it: excited or waiting for more information to be shared?

Ubi_Irina

14. nkarafo

Mar 2, 2011
    ~2gb game is too large !!!!!! :eek:

15. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    While this is an instabuy for me, I am wondering how come the size will reach almost 2GB? In anyway, can't wait to play this game. :D

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The game is really really long. Plus it's an xbla game with retina assets.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You'll need days just for the single player campaign, and there's still more multiplayer stuff.

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Everything you said is what I hoped to hear and then some.
    I'll buy it as soon as it will appear on the AppStore.
    Particularly happy about the size, means you didn't cut out anything from the original game and you used HD assets.
    Seems perfect to me.

19. NuRoach

NuRoach Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Well, I know that its kinda of topic, but is there any chance you could tell us what happened to Ghost Recon Shadow Wars and Assassins Creed Utopia?

20. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Thanks for the answers Ubi_Irina, looking forward to the game.