Universal ORC: Vengeance - (by Chillingo Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    I only upgraded greed whole game and now I own the best equipment :) collecting cash is so easy now.

Attached Files:

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Decided to sync this as one of the first games I wanted to try on my new iPad. Didn't enjoy it too much on my iPod with the old touch controls. The new scheme is perfect though. Pretty simple dungeon crawler with the usual skills. Two equip slots allows the game to be more compact in scope. Really liked how no grinding was necessary at all, although this meant the game was only 2.5 hours long (medium difficulty). Everything was priced very fairly even without upgrading greed at all. I just put 3 into damage and 1 into defense with every level up. Beat the game without any problems that way.

Pretty good voice acting. Loved the credits. The game was repetitive every now and then though. There were way too many bridge scenes, and some settings/level designs appeared too frequently. Either way, it takes under 3 hours to beat, so I'd say it's worth the time. Game's still free for those of you who never picked it up.

3. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Just finished Orc Vengeance! Wow phenomenal game!

Does anyone know which stages the secret levels are located in? I should have written it down as I was playing. I will do so from now on!

Is there a best or ultimate gear in this game?

Is greed worth it once you finish the game? I'm torn whether or not I should invest in it to help lessen the grind. It makes things sold in shops cheaper right?

And lastly, does higher difficulty affect loot and money drops in any way or does it just make the game harder? I finished the game on "warrior" and felt the game provided a good challenge.

4. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Superb dungeon crawler with an actual storyline!

5. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    So it seems that the xp is the same regardless of difficulty. Higher difficulty should provide more reward no?

I noticed that 3 of the stages in the main menu had a little yellow tab written "new". I thought there were 5 new levels. How come the other 2 aren't marked? Also I finished 2 of the hidden levels and now they are no longer marked. I wrote down their location however incase I want to re-visit them.

I found the epic sword Blade of Ages in a chest in the hidden level, Lost Catacombs in the Tomb of the King. I don't know if it's a fixed or random drop. Gonna run it again to check. I found my epic shield Ancient's Crest on my normal playthrough. Mine is only level 18 but a I saw a level 30 one in the vendor for 38k lol.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Just beat this last night after a little break from it and wow what a awesome game! If this had different classes or maybe more loot as in chest, leg, shoulder, and rings that would of been insane! :D

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I really wanted to like this game, but several issues made it result in a tedious game for me:

The skill gestures didn't work for me more often than the worked.

Most of the big battles just consisted if me getting in a couple of jabs while taking damage and then running around for a few minutes while my health builds up before getting in my next couple of jabs.

Half the time the game won't show me how much health I had.

It's a shame because the graphics and general production values are wry good.

8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Why not play the game without gestures using the buttons? The update they released
    to do just that, really made it a far better playing experience.

9. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I didn't realise you could (or maybe you couldn't when I tried it). Either way, the doge for two minutes, fight off 5 seconds and repeat style of battles was wearing me down.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Mind telling me what stages the new dungeons are on? I didnt write them down :(

11. rcxwillie

rcxwillie New Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Orc Vengeance Secret Levels Stages

The 5 Hidden Levels in Orc Vengeance

Escape - Den of Despair
    Storm Keep - Old Waterways
    Tomb of the King - Lost Catacombs
    Widows Lair - Troll Cave
    Magmar Fortress - Pit of Fire

Hope this helps fellow gamers.

12. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Virtual controls are gimped, unless I'm missing something? He doesn't combo with them, it's one strike at a time.

13. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Also, the circle gesture doesn't work for me anymore... am I doing something wrong here? Because the last update totally ruined the game for me.

14. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012

Hi all, I complete the whole game on war chief mode and completed all hidden lvl but was still unable to complete a few achievement like read all the lore bk, or get a lvl 30 weap or shield (even though I buy a lvl 30 shield frm shop). Is the achievement bugged? Anyone got lvl 30 drops from hidden lvl? This is a fantastic game that blew my mind, just like diablo 3. Looking forward for Orc 2. Thanks dev for making a great game.

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I love rpgs and dungeon crawlers.

Normally this would be an instant buy but then I noticed its Chillingo :(

I swore never to buy another of their games after they totally ruined my favourite game of theirs 'Puzzle craft' with updates that made it a freemium money leeching joke. :(

16. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    This isn't the typical chillingo game and its not freemium at all. it has to be one of the best rpgs i have played on ios. chillingo is just the publisher they did not create or develop the game.

17. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Well, I just pay 99 cents and nothing else and spend a week to complete this awesome game on hardest mode. It's one of the most polished dungeon type of games I have came across, do quote me another if u think there is one that is better than this. Chilligo do have a bad name but not on this one. I promise.

18. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    It is a complete game, it hasn't been tainted through updates.

There's always been IAP but I've never felt the need to use it.

19. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I beat Puzzle Craft without having to purchase anything anything...

20. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi there, will there be any future updates? If not, I can clear this game for some space as I have completed all the lvl and hidden lvl on the hardest mode hehe.