Universal Galaxy Run - (by Spiel Studios)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 4, 2013.

1. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback bez!

We are not competing with RRR, but unfortunately that is the only other game in this genre, and there are bound to be comparisons.

There are some common mechanics which have been treated differently, and some completely new. The physics infact we believe is very much user-controlled with no fixed speed or fixed-path which gives the user more freedom and control over the character. The top-right restart button becomes disabled after completing the level, hence it doesn't work. There is a restart button on the game win screen that pops up instead, which you can use.

Regarding hitting the restart button to reset the timer on every death, even RRR seemed to have it. Since both these games are auto-runners where the speed of the player cannot be controlled, the player will invariably always get 3 orbs if he completes the level. The time can only vary depending upon the number of deaths of the character. Hence auto-reset of timer is not provided. However we are looking into it and see what we can do best!

Anyways, glad you liked the game, and please share your impressions when you complete the game.

For tips and videos of completed levels, you can visit:
    https://everyplay.com/galaxy-run

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012

I think the difference is that RRR showed you where you jumped On the previous run if you didn't reset, so both reset and not resetting had pros and cons. Here there's no advantage to not hitting reset

3. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Do have a look at the latest v1.4, it now shows you your last jumps...

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I honestly do like it. I'm not sure I agree that there are only two games in the single screen auto runner genre though. Relic Rush and Space is Key are examples that leap to mind.

I notice that you're already using the new stacked Game Center leaderboards, so perhaps you could add a separate leaderboard for completing an entire chapter without restarts to add a new layer of challenge instead of leaning on the restart so much.

The new update is nice, by the way.

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #65 JCho133, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    o_O that's embarrassing..... My bad

I checked it out and it's exactly what I was thinking, thanks spiel! Sorry about the confusion :/

Btw, do you guys have a Christmas bonus planet planned by any chance? :D

6. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Thanks J. We do not have anything specific for Christmas, but we have something HUGE coming up mid-Jan!

Announcements will be done soon..

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Woot woot! Sweet news!

8. Would like to see an auto reset button option since I hit reset everytime anyway. Would be nice.

9. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm pretty sure that your first post was before the update went live.

I've reached the last chapter now and there are a couple of mechanics which appear late on that I don't remember from RRR: turrets, possibly falling spikes and the cannons work a bit differently.

So not massively original, but it has made me want to keep playing.

Now to complete the last chapter and polish off the few extreme levels I'm yet to complete.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Is there something wrong with the leaderboards, spiel? I'm at least 5s behind Echoen on each of the World 1, 2 and 3 leaderboards, but only 1s behind on the Total Chapters board.

11. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Bez, older players who are on the earlier versions of the game may post different data on the leaderboard. In the latter versions, a couple of minor bugs related to GC were rectified and as people update the game and replay it, the leaderboards should settle down. Also, we need to delete some data from GC which we are currently unable to do due to ITC shutdown. With due course of time GC should have all accurate figures.

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

12. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Sneak Peek

A sneak peek exclusively for TA members of the upcoming update of Galaxy Run!

[​IMG]

Will be available for download in the second week of January!

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    New world! :D

14. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Actually a Bonus section where new levels will be added everyday! 9 new levels (3 for each world) will be downloaded and refreshed from the server on a daily basis.

Get ready for loads of new challenging levels!

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    That's amazing!

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Great job with the daily bonus levels!

17. Wow, new levels everyday? That is cool.

18. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

New update

Yes, the new update (v1.5) is now Live, and there are new levels available everyday!

There is a new Bonus section through which there are upto 9 levels (3 for each world) which are refreshed on a daily basis directly from our server!

Enjoy the game!

Spiel Team

19. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Wooooof! We have not updated this thread since a looooong while!

A new version (v2.5) has been available on the Appstore since some while, which has all the below additions n' reductions:

- We have removed the Slow Motion power-up completely as it seemed redundant with hardly any usage.
    - We have also reduced the IAP price points for you to buy more power-ups!
    - Earn Free Ghost Power-ups by watching incentivized videos. You can practically finish the game without spending a penny now!
    - Also redesigned in-game UI making it easier to spot and use the power-ups.

Meanwhile, we have also released it on Android. So download it from the Play store for your Android devices!

Try it for Free!

Thanks!