Universal Zombie Gunship - (by Limbic Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Buying,hoping for Universal build soon :cool:

2. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Out in Canada :D

Downloading now!

3. V Kuolema

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Wow... This game is surprisingly addictive.

There's a TON of upgrades to get as well.... Looks like I'll be blowing apart Zombie's for a Good Long while. :cool:

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    LOVE IT!

I got addicted really fast. This game is very quality and felt surprisingly like the CoDMW ac-10 gunship which isn't a bad thing. All the guns are awesome to shoot. There's a lot of nice upgrades that significantly make gameplay easier/more fun.

However I do wish they'd a some more stuff like other game modes and achievements especially (a game like this is begging for achievements :D). I'm just worried that once I get all the upgrades, there's not much left to do. There should be some kind of stat keeping like how many zombies you killed, favorite weapon, how many civilians killed, medals earned (it'd be nice to get medals after each round - for sniping and mass kills, etc.). Throwing in some stuff like this and maybe a new game mode would make it have an incredibly long appeal. I'm just bummed out this game doesn't record how many zombies I wasted to oblivion, but I guess the leaderboards might do that which I haven't bothered to look at.

5. V Kuolema

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Yeah, I'd love a little counter too. I swear I must be nearing 1000 blown up Zombo's.

I hope they add in some new unlockables, maybe a new weapon (or perhaps the ability to purchase "special" ammo, like incendiary rounds or high explosive rounds. That way you always have something to spend money on even after you upgrade everything). Maybe a new map or something once in a while.

Either way, it's a great way to blow off some steam. The UI and gameplay is slick and polished. Not to mention the sound! Great stuff.

Definitely recommend buying this game.

6. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    The game looks fun, but it also appears to be repetitive.

7. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    This game is pretty fun but with only one mode it is starting to get repetitive. Even a little change of scenery with a few other terrains besides just one would be nice. The upgrade system seems to add a lot of incentive to keep playing, especially considering that at the start you only have access to the 25mm machine gun and none of the heavy artillery bombs. If I were making requests for the first update I would certainly like to see different maps/terrains.

8. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    Update Feature Requests

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! If you're familiar with our most popular other game, TowerMadness, you know that we won't disappoint with updates.

I've noted the following requests from the thread so far:

- Achievements
    - iPad / Universal support
    - New Game Modes
    - New Upgrades
    - New Weapons
    - New Maps

...we'll keep checking back for more suggestions. Keep 'em coming!

9. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #29 gunxsword, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    Echoed
    Yup.

These will probably make this the GOTW for me.

I would also request louder sound effect for shell landing and zombies getting blown up even though I know it's not realistic...

10. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Really great game. I would love to fire bomb the larger groups, any plans for napalm?

11. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    Thanks BazookaTime! Napalm is a great suggestion for a future weapon!

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Hey did you get my suggestion about stat counter? I'd really really really love that. It'll make people play longer just to look at how much damage they've done over time :) I want to see how many zombies I've killed and stuff like that!

13. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I want a 'bait' gun/special weapon! Shoots/drops a bait somewhere and attracts zombies to that location. :D

Oh and can you make the civilian AI run around zombies and not into? It's both illogical and frustrating...

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Well...when you say that I get all tingly inside. I demand thine market recpetion be well. For I am king of the world and I demand it.

For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the something or other...

15. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    We got it! A stats counter, noted! Those stats could make for cool achievements too.

16. Iman

Iman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder at Limbic
    Another great suggestion. A meat cannon of some sort?

Thanks for the feedback about the AI. The humans are just running in the dark towards the bunker, so they may not behave in the most intelligent way. After all, it is the zombie apocalypse :D

17. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #37 gunxsword, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    Please also fix the touch screen 'jumping' issue as we call it - the reticule 'jumps' a few pixels when you try to slide the screen after taking your fingers off it.
    Oh and I perhaps the gatling/vulcan have more default accuracy and be more accurate under sustained fire?

YUP! :D Thing is, this could potentially make the game too easy/unbalanced so I propose two variants:
    Full map/large area effect, limited use (special weapon) or
    Cannon - long reload (~30 seconds), limited area of effect (need to be larger than the 105mm cannon's AoE for sure...)

IF THEY CAN SEE THE BUNKER THEN THEY SHOULD SEE/HEAR ZOMBIES RIGHT???
    Or just make the zombies ATTACK the civilians to get rid of them!!! A greater 'aggro radius' would be appreciated!

18. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Active Member

Feb 21, 2010
    really wished you had mentioned on the app store that this doesnt support iphone 3g. Been waiting to get home to download this and it was very frustrating to get a 'no go' popup once pressing 'buy now'

19. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    LOL... I just had to laugh at this. A meat cannon! :)

Just downloaded the game, cant wait to try it out tomorrow, even if it doesn't have a meat cannon... yet.

20. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    BTW the meat cannon got me thinking of odd game weapons. I bet nobody even knows about this, but there used to be an arcade game called "War"... at least I think that's what it was called. It was a multiplayer first person shooter. Anyway, it had a weapon which was a barrel you put over your shoulder, bazooka style. This barrel would fire monkeys, with dynamite strapped to their backs. The monkey would run after whoever you were aiming at when you fired it, and when the monkey reached that player the dynamite would explode blowing them both up. Heh. Loved it!

Damn, maybe I should make a game where you fire exploding monkeys at people. How cool would that be? :D