Blind Albino seeks Programmer!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by BlindAlbino, Jan 28, 2014.

1. BlindAlbino

BlindAlbino Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I am Co-Founder and Art Director for Blind Albino,
    La Habra Hights, California
    We need a programmer!

We’d prefer it if you genuinely liked what we’re up to here at Blind Albino Studios, so please visit our YouTube channel to get an idea of our first project and who you’d be collaborating with:
    www.youtube.com/channel/UCZfs3K5q3RHtOrWTzscAV8Q

In the future, we have many diverse projects planned, and they aren’t all executed the same way as our first game When Pigs Fly. But the spirit that you see in these developer videos will remain consistent, and we would love to find the right programmer to join our team, give it their all, and enjoy the ride.

Attention to detail will be crucial before the game can be considered finished, so you’ll have to be patient through the final process of tweaks and polish. We are a serious, dedicated crew, and we are not just looking to build a game, we’re looking to building a longterm reputation as a creative, professional, dependable company.

This is a paying gig - you will be compensated for your efforts. We can work out the details on an individual basis to fit your needs, full contracts written up and all.

Formal or informal, feel free to contact us here any time at:
    [email protected]

Thanks for your time and support everyone!

Attached Files:

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    What engine are you planning to use?

3. BlindAlbino

Dec 19, 2012
    Hi Destined, thanks for asking!

Our original programmer left us hanging for quite some time before suddenly disappearing altogether, leaving us with a blank/empty canvas as far as the coding environment goes. (In his defense, he got a job offer from a HUGE company that he couldn't refuse, but left us dangling indefinitely as a "maybe later" sort of proposition, so we're moving on.)

In my opinion, Unity is very attractive, but what I feel is most important is that the programmer use whatever architecture they find most suitable to them. This first project is very heavy on the labor for art assets, but we tried purposefully to make the functionality rather basic. As long as we can make it a smooth, polished scroller, functioning from an asset library of 2-D image sequences and sprites, and export to the App Store, we will be very happy. The more export options the merrier, such as iPad, iPhone, Android (maybe even desktop app?) but for starters we are using the current generation iPad as our initial template.

If the person's abilities are right for the job, they are free to execute with whatever toolset they wish, with our full support.

4. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    I only ask because what you are doing does have some interest for me. At one point I was considering making a 2D game using claymation and my works green screen, but I realised that I would have time (yet :) ). The actual 2D part of the game coding is still important but not as much work as creating the assets as you mentioned. For now I continue to focus on projects I can finish.

Unity is a good way to go for a multi platform release!

5. BlindAlbino

Dec 19, 2012
    To everyone that has taken the time to respond to our call, we cannot thank you enough. The love, encouragement, and support you've all shown has been literally overwhelming!

As for this current post, seeking our first programmer for When Pigs Fly, this position has been filled. However, we here at Blind Albino Studios would love to keep you all on our list of friends and colleagues, so don't be surprised if you hear from us soon with more opportunities to collaborate, and to share.

Our thanks again to everybody here in the Touch Arcade Forums, as well as you folks over in the Unity forums. We could not have expected such a wonderful group of helpful, inspired geniuses. Now all that's left is to try and deliver you all something fun and inspiring in return!

Sincerely,
    Matt Woods
    Blind Albino Studios

6. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    congrats :) small milestones! Don't want to see it turn into a horror story.