More by Syndi......

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

I have been watching the "More by ....lists for my games on iTunes and to my total disbelief only my Lite games are being listed. What happened to my games that are actually for sale? I would think it would be in Apples interest to list games that cost money to buy.

I have five games for sale and each one of them lists my free games only,

under

More by Syndicated Puzzles.

Anyone else have the same problem? Any ideas why the Lite versions would receive such privileged treatment.

Just don't get it.

2. Looking at the iTunes page for caveman test, one of the more by... is Str8ts.

I think it just randomly picks a few of your apps, or picks them by some algorithm, and it ends up picking mostly your lite versions.

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Does anyone else have this problem that apple only highlights there free versions?

4. lukeca

lukeca Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    They seem to be listed by "popularity" which is really just their download counts, at least that it is how it seems to work with my apps.

5. Syndicated Puzzles

Thanks Lukea,
    So the free versions are going to be (usually) more popular. Meaning a lot of them are going to be listed first under 'More by..... Kind of defeats the whole purpose of why we are putting out free games. Drag a customer in to only show more free games? Really strange ?

6. lukeca

lukeca Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    True, but I still think it's a step in the right direction, before it didn't show any of your other apps unless you clicked on the developers name. At least this leads people somewhere. I do think one improvement would be to make the text "More by <Developer's name>..." a clickable link that actually took you to all the developer's apps.

7. Syndicated Puzzles

lukeca,

I like your idea of the "All by ..... button" that sure would help generate sales. Right now it looks like I only have free games to give away.