PR firm

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by thomalex89, Aug 24, 2010.

1. thomalex89

thomalex89 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I have been seeing these PR firms that say they specialize in promoting Iphone games. Has anyone used any firm with any success?

2. Nitzan

Nitzan Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I mentioned it before... I have been very happy with Triple Point PR. I used them for Sketch Nation Shooter. Cheap and they got the job done. Most importantly it allowed me to focus on other things, like polish, while they took care of all the PR work.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It's kind of an interesting situation because the best PR agencies like Triple Point will only agree to promote your game if it's actually a good game... And if your game is actually good, it's hard to say whether or not you even need a PR firm at all. In the case of Sketch Nation Shooter, we would have covered it anyway because the game is incredibly unique. However, it's impossible to know if the game would have been as much of a success without Triple Point's involvement!

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #4 Big Albie, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    Hodapp brings up a good point. If you have a lousy game, the best PR firm won't be able to help you generate sales. It may help with hyping up your game, but word of mouth and reviews will ultimately tell the tale.

PR firms are good with facilitating and connecting you with the right influencers. That's the way you need to look at PR firms. As with games and any product, the buzz and long-term success will rely mostly on the strength of the product. No matter what PR firms say, and I've heard plenty of the spiel since I've worked at them before, they can't guarantee success.

You need to be realistic about your game/product and its ability to succeed. That means having an idea of basic things such as target audience, the appeal of your product, and the quality of the product even before you approach a PR firm. Only then should you even consider approaching a PR firm. While a PR firm can offer the right level of expertise, you don't want to go in there completely unaware. Remember, they are there to sell you their services as well and you want to be prepared.

5. thomalex89

thomalex89 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Thanks everyone for your replies they were very good. First step is to finish this game. Thanks again be good and be blessed.