iPhone Infinity Blade: Dungeons [Cancelled]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Oh well, I'm not shocked.

At least we know what the story is. Great thing about video games, there are so many to choose from, along with upcoming games.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

R.I.P Impossible Studios

I hope that this Thread won`t become an body-stripping Example of how low some People might get with their hard feelings about what Epic Games might be or might be not.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Freemium doesn`t have to be a Dead End at all. It`s just that some Publisher nowadays don`t seem to be able to stop their level of greediness at one point and after that point of no return everything what follow afterwards becomes a horrible experience.

Electronic Arts will have next Week the chance to proof that their new Pay-/Freemium Model might work out better then some of the current one and I`m looking forward to see what your thoughts will be about it since I currently have mixed feelings about it.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Frankly, my urgency for this game decreases dramatically once Bastion was released.

5. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Well looks like this game is now gone from my list of games for iOS.... Dammit. Oh well, I guess they will probably bring it back when new iPhone 6 comes out

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It's interesting how the person who was the most insistent that the thread be closed is also the most fervent and persistent poster in it. Maybe you could just let people say whatever they have to say without having to have some long metadiscussion about what people should or shouldn't say.

7. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Really? I thought IBD was going to be quite different from Bastion. Bastion, as I understand it (haven't played) is mostly about the story. IBD was portrayed as a hack-and-slash lootfest.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #648 Rip73, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    Awful shame the studio got closed.
    Ah well, good luck to the employees, I hope they find something new soon.
    Or even better manage to stay going as an independent.
    That kind of thing is always a horrible experience. I wish them well.

9. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    So I just realized, all the hype they made over this game on iPad 3 show case, and iPad 3 users don't even get to play the game lol...

10. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Where's the dude that bought an iPad 3 solely cos of this game, and went on a rampage when it was delayed the first time?

Anyway, Apple don't wanna mess up the IB brand and any relationships with Epic. So I'm sure they're communicating about it.

11. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Mmmm.. Think I said something like this a long time ago...
    Duke Nukem Forever... RIP...
    Guess Apple was the lucky one, since they presented the game on their show to boost the sales..

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I was thinking more of a good dungeon crawler.

13. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Damn, what a shame. Hopefully development on this picks up soon and it won't dissapear from the face of the earth.

Now that Impossible Studios is no longer with Epic, maybe their pricing may change as well from free-to-play to premium. I mean one can hope right?

14. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Why do you care? Seems like either model works fine, for this type of game. I understand why people don't like the freemium model for massively competitive games, where people can buy their way to the top of the leaderboards. But it all seems irrelevant for a dungeon crawl where you aren't competing with other players.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ummm...yeah people like you are in part the reason we now have microtransactions in Dead Space 3 and freemium for almost all of the big releases on iOS.

Ever played a Glu game? How about you go spend 10 hours in their latest gobbly gook, then return with news of how refreshing the freemium pay model is.

16. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I don't know. Do they even make games like this one? I already said, I can see how free-to-play models can be annoying in some genres. But it also seems like there are plenty of free-to-play games that are just fine, and open up the game to a larger audience than would otherwise try it. What's wrong with that?

You could just answer the question, why would it be a problem. Instead of the rant about me being too stupid to understand the problem.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Eternity warriors is a dungeon crawler made by Glu. Go download that and tell me the grind, difficulty spike and freemium elements don't take away from the gameplay and immersion.

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    What a surprise!! NOT!! Had a feeling this was gonna happen!

19. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    OK, maybe I will try EW2. It does sound like there's more grinding than I might like (the main thing I probably wouldn't like, from the description, is just the dexterity skill of blocking), but not every game with IAP has to have much, or even any, grinding. So the fact that you don't like grinding in one company's games isn't an argument against free-to-play models in other company's games.

20. The Infinity Blade IP is stilled owned by Epic Games, so there is almost no chance that Impossible Studios will be able to continue working on Dungeons. Epic will probably find a new developer and keep the same pricing model.