Dice Soccer League by LambdaMu Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lambdamu, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    #1 Lambdamu, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    After months of months of effort, we're finally ready to announce our latest game: Dice Soccer League! We're targeting for a launch later this summer (After the World Cup, I know, I know). Below is some information about the game!

We'll be sharing more information about the game in the coming weeks as we get closer to a launch date. I'll be adding answers to questions as we answer them.

Obligatory Amazing Concept Art!
    [​IMG]

Game Info!
    Dice Soccer League is a reboot of the studio’s critically acclaimed 2011 title Dice Soccer. This new iteration preserves the spirit and essence of the original card-collecting dice-rolling soccer mashup, but takes the graphics and gameplay to an all-new level.

In Dice Soccer League, players get to build their dream team of soccer characters, and use them to win matches by scoring as many goals as possible. Once on the field, characters roll unique 6-sided dice and use special soccer skills to gain possession of the ball. The team that rolls the highest total on the field gets control of play, and kicks its way to an epic showdown between striker and goalkeeper!

As Manager of a Dice Soccer League team, finding the right character with the right dice sides is key to victory. Under the certain conditions and in the presence of the suitable team mates, characters can unleash zany yet powerful skills to change the fate of a match, thereby ensuring that the biggest dice on the field doesn’t always win. This aspect of the game adds an amazing level of strategy and depth to what is otherwise a very casual and accessible experience.

Creating a team from the vast selection of crazy characters is half the fun of Dice Soccer, complimented by the ecstasy of seeing how they actually fare on the field. Dice Soccer League ships with potentially endless hours of immersive gameplay across 4 different game modes:

Campaign - 75 matches against carefully designed AI opposition, over several seasons of play.

Tournament - A weekly battle for supremacy, against other players, from across the globe.

Arena - The ultimate test of your team’s endurance, versus formidable opponents from around the world. The longer you last, the better the rewards!

Casual - Challenge your friends’ or random strangers’ team for the most important prize of them all — bragging rights!

Dice Soccer League will be free to play and aims to bring a unique and charming blend of card collecting, strategy, and sports gaming to iOS devices. Dice Soccer League also uses a unique hybrid system allowing for seamless online and offline play, allowing you to live, breathe, and roll with your team, no matter where you may be.

New Exciting Update: Thanks to everyone who participated in our closed-beta test!

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Looks great! Did you rebuild the whole thing, or is this more of a sequel? Yes, I played the first one for a quite a while. I played both 4Towers games, as well. Those were great.

3. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    it's a little bit of both. a complete rebuild for sure, but with many new dimensions. stay tuned for more details!

4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    When's release estimate?

5. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    We're aiming for summer. That said, the quality of the game matters a lot to us, so we won't stop working on it till it gets there!

6. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Hi guys!
    We're going to be posting some new art from the game every day! This is the first in a series of posters that will give you an idea of what the game is about!
    I hope you like it!

[​IMG]

Name: The Special One
    Role: Inspiring Coach

7. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Day 2 of our daily art feature!

Coach Umberto Panini
    The Mancunian Candidate

[​IMG]

8. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    Awesome!!!! This was my favorite game forever!

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sweet I miss the first game since it dissapeared, can't wait.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I did like dice soccer so certainly want to pick this up.

11. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Lambdamu Games and Dice Soccer fans rejoice! We are thrilled to announce that we will be holding a Closed-Beta session for Dice Soccer League.

We are currently looking for beta testers, and would like to invite all you TouchArcade forumers to participate in this exciting session. Apply here now for a chance to get the first glimpse of our game. Your participation will also enable us to create a fun and bug-free game for everyone to enjoy!

NOTE: To participate in the Closed-Beta you must first sign up for a TestFlight Account and link your Apple device to it.

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    So glad I checked this thread today! Applied instantly.

13. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Is it next week yet? Really am looking forward to this version of the game. Sounds like it just builds on everything from the previous and makes it better.

15. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Thanks for applying for the beta test. We are still accepting applications, so any newcomers to this post, apply away!

We are in the midst of rolling out some tweaks in preparation for the beta test, so you guys can expect to receive an email soon and start some time this week.

Meanwhile, here's some more additional teaser art to tide you guys through the wait!

[​IMG]

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I know you said this week so it'll probably be later in the week, I still keep checking my emails all the time.

Will you be inviting to testflight for anyone chosen before the beta starts? As people need to accept the invitation and then still can't access the game until given permission I belive?

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just wanted to bump the thread as I'm sure there most be more of us on here interested in beta for this game after how the last was received.

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
  19. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    We've been getting quite a number of applications from TA, keep em coming!

Its almost halfway through the week and we're drawing closer to the beta test, so here's another teaser art for your patience!

[​IMG]

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Seems like I'm just talking to myself here but can't wait and glad others are getting involved too.

I agree with the picture above....no matter how well you try to do in picking the best players ect you can still lose down to pure luck.