Deo

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ImStrapped, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Hey guys,

Looking for developers' feedback on my new game titled, DEO. Very simple, one-touch controls with a very creative gameplay and user engagement (will post about it in a bit).

Any thoughts so far? More specifically artwork at this point?

Thanks!!

[​IMG]

2. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

This looks great, can't wait to see the gameplay!

3. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Hey, thank you! Any suggestions?

4. pchukwura

pchukwura Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Co-Founder/Software Engineer
    Atlanta
    I like the artwork. One suggestion I had is to have some varying screenshots, although each shows a different world, they look similar. Maybe one of them can show some other creatures/characters/items or something.

Other than that can't make too many suggestions as it's not exactly known what actions are performed in the game.

5. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

I think suggestions will come once we see what the game is about!

6. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    You think it may get a little repetitive? Is it the lack of object variations in the background or the fact that it's all black and white. I want to try and stay true to the feel of the game which is a bit dark and gloomy.

I hear ya! Working on getting the first trailer out. Hopefully by next week.

7. Ruby Murray

Ruby Murray Active Member

Apr 13, 2011
    New York
    Is Deo the name of the red character? Like the artwork style, specifically the inkblot style and the Limbo-esque foggy backgrounds. I think it would be good (and you probably are) to incorporate more of the color schemes that are in the title shot into the game. Are they like roots and plants? Having those posted at various points around the levels would help break it up a bit and stop it appearing repetitive. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

8. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Yup, the character's name is Deo. We tried to avoid using color in the backgrounds to really bring out or emphasize on the character but I see what you mean. Worth experimenting with for sure! And yes, those are plants/roots/grass type a stuff.

Thank you!
    PS: Will have the trailer up soon.

9. pchukwura

pchukwura Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Co-Founder/Software Engineer
    Atlanta
    Yea, maybe perhaps one of the screenshots shows a zoomed-in (if available in the game) picture that shows some roots/grass and the character up close.

I think that would add some expected color and variance to your App Store page.

10. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Yeah I actually think we'll end up doing that as well! The homescreen will definitely be colorful though (depending on how well you do in the game) - a way of rewarding the user.

11. Crafter

Crafter New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    It looks very interesting but all I can see is that your a red character that goes to different worlds to do what?? but it looks very cool to play +1 :)

12. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Well, you pretty much figured out everything you can possible guess from the pics LOL. I'll be sure to post a video trailer and detailed desc next week.

Thanks for the feedback !!

13. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Nice and stylish graphic.
    Intriguing gameplay ( rotation or something like that ? )

14. ImStrapped

Mar 1, 2011
    Yup, you pretty much figured it out :) extremely simple, one touch controls.