LucasArts *Officially* On Board???

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by K.D!, Jul 9, 2009.

1. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum, and a quick search didn't pull any results which came as a bit of a suprise. But, it seems that LucasArts as decided to 'Officially' port over some of it's classic adventure titles to the iPhone. Being a huge fan of the Monkey Island series, the thought of having legitimate versions of those classics as well as others like 'Day Of The Tenticle' would prove instant purchases for me.

Anyone else pleased to see this other big name dev on board?

*Source of info* http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/iPhone+news/news.asp?c=14262

2. geb

geb Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    I may be the only person in the world that remembers this game... but I really wish they would make a version of "Night Shift" for the iPhone. It was my favorite LA game and it would be very suited for touch.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/night-shift

Who knew making Star Wars figures was so much fun!

-- Geb --

3. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Ohh, here's hoping we get a port of Full Throttle!

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Ohhh how I 've missed my GROG! GROG! GROG!!!!!!!!
    MI would be freaking sweet!

5. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Their only game I remember is Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. I can't play it anymore.. but if it came out for iphone, instant buy :)
    PS: I wasn't even really a starwars fan at all :\

6. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I hope thats true. Monkey Island 1 & 2 are 2 of my all-time fav games. I'm really disappointed that the remake is for PC/360, but i will be picking up Tales of Monkey Island on Wiiware. But an iPhone version of 1 & 2 would be so cool, instant buy for me! I notice hat they've put some titles on steam recently too.

Guybrush: "You fight like a Dairy Farmer..."
    Pirate: "How appropriate, you fight like a Cow."
    :D

7. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    If they ported any of their star wars fps's...I would buy them instantly. I still pull up battlefront 2 for my pc every now and then :)

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Battlefront on PSP was really well done from what I remember, hopefully we could see something like that ported to the iDevice...

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Actually, I'd rather see something new from LA. I've played and beaten almost every one of their point and click adventure games, and I have as many of them as I can fit on my 8gb iPod touch already. The only way I'd like a port would be if it was a seriously updated port with updated graphics and more puzzles or having some of the puzzles changed around like they have with Resident Evil quite a few times. Otherwise I'd like to see a brand new game, namely a sequel to Full Throttle that was cancelled a while back. Or the promised Monkey Island 5 that is repeatedly mentioned in MI3 and 4.

10. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Ohhhh yeah!! Monkey Island and perhaps some proper stuff from the Star Wars franchise ehh? Eg: Star Wars: Racer.

11. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    #11 IpodLady, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    Oh lets dearly hope this is true. Would be cool to play titles such as:

Day of the Tentacle
    Grim Fandango
    Sam and Max
    Full Throttle

Many others of course, but those were my favorite

Here's a video of Manny in a classic Grim Fandango moment

YouTube: video

12. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    wow would love to see day of the tentacle
    monkey island full throttle
    or any of the others indeed

13. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Ignoring the adventure games such as Monkey Island because we all know that would be awesome (SCUMM proved it)

But wouldn't Star Wars Episode 1 pod racing game be an absolute perfect match?

14. nine

nine Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Well telltale games just released a new monkey island. It's an episodic entry like the Sam&Max games. Really funny albeit quite short.

15. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I played games like Monkey Island I-III, Maniac Mansion 1&2 (Day of the Tentacle) or Full Throttle on my Macs. Of course, these games belong to my all-time favourites, too. They are very entertaining.
    Do you think they would work on the small display of an iPhone? Maybe with a zoom-function..?

16. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
  17. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    For our Monkey fans - an iPhone sized wallpaper. No reason. Wink wink nod nod.
    [​IMG]

18. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    If these guys could actually port a version of Lego Star Wars or BattleFront that'll be sick.

19. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    no. it wouldnt. but yes. it would be kinda sick, in the other meaning. it would be unplayable and suck big time. traditional adventure games works perfectly on the iphone there for this will work perfectly.

20. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    no, it would be sick.