Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Teodor2004

Teodor2004 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    Tiksi is better than Nagasaki, but i hate P or C only jobs. It doesnt fit my M fleet.

2. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    #8662 Relharn, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    Well this is handy. I've already got Tiksi open with my four Mapples running up and back from Tokyo for the achievement. Kill two birds with one stone. :)

And I've joined TA1 for this event. Details on spreadsheet. Let's do this.

3. Taonas

Taonas Member

Oct 27, 2012
    #8663 Taonas, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    Oi, talk about out of the way. A roo take over an hour to do a round trip. Only reason I'll give this event any effort is there is the 100 job acheve.

I wish I had more plane slots. Currently sitting at 19.

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Welcome mate/dude/bro/pal/amigo ;)

I opened Yakutsk, using fully range upgraded Mapples from Seoul.
    Any other ideas for Tiksi?

P only, one hour round trip class 1!
    it's not gonna be a thousand jobs event, slow pace is nice :)

5. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I like the Tiksi location!!! ... but this Medical Conference with only P jobs means it will take me a while to get started since I've got an M fleet ... will spend some time stalking P Roo/Mohawk parts ...

6. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    What's the range on the Mapple? I had to open up Harbin to get my Roos and Blimps (plural, thanks to you :D ) from Seoul to Yakutsk.

Wish I could buy a Mapple plane at the Mapple store in Tiny Tower. :D

7. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I'm at #13? So surprised. I didn't touch PP at all ytd and today.

So the new event at Tiksi? I don't like all P and all C events :(

But KitFisto might like the P event since he had P fleet before.

8. no_kitano

no_kitano Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Ended last in the Nagasaki event at #51 :eek:

9. Artanix

Artanix Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I think I'll be giving the tiksi event a miss, I don't really have any planes that can get there easily lol

10. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't have Seoul, and I'm not that interested in opening it, so the route I'm running four Mapples and three Roo-P's on is Tokyo-Vladivostok-Yakutsk-Tiksi return.

I'm flying some Class 2 and 3s to Tokyo with Tiksi jobs here and there (particularly my Aeoreagle-P and Pearjet-P), but not my entire fleet like I did for the San Diego event.

I thought about getting another Roo or two for the Tiksi route, but I'd like to make as much of bux profit on the event as I can, especially as I just reached level 28 and added a Cloudliner-M to my fleet (of 19).

Base range for the Mapple is 1,050 - so 50 miles more than the Blimp. I've only got 1 range upgrade on my Mapples, so they do 1,102. I opened Vladivostok to get to Yakutsk cos its cheaper. :)

11. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    My planes are not well suited for northen flights. The engines will freeze over.

12. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    I like the cold. Keeps my pilots awake on those long, long (long) flights.

13. John Rigby

John Rigby New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    pocket planes error retrieving game center friends

Can some one help me. I can not gift anything to any one because i get this message on all my devices!

"error retrieving game center friends" is this a bug in the game. I have tryed it on a mac,iphone,iPad and now a ipad mini!

14. RoboBoto

May 1, 2012
    Any tips for reducing the number of uncounted event deliveries? I'm running 6 identical Roo-Ps. First delivery Flight Crew recorded 16 of 24 jobs. Second delivery recorded 8 of 24. Airport stats correctly show 48 passengers. I've been connected whole time. I'm running them nose-to-tail, not sure if longer space between would help. Thanks.

15. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    One employee benefit on Coastcat Airlines is unlimited coffee. Good coffee. The cabin crew for each flight includes a barista, and there are coffee roasting plants at the major airports. Coastcat Airlines takes its coffee seriously.

I hadn't planned to push on the Nagasaki event, but my husband went to see a movie and the Science Channel aired a How It's Made marathon... so I watched the marathon and shuttled jobs around. I don't know if I'm going to put a big effort into this one, but at least it's leisurely. Luckily I had a cluster of East Asia red cities already open for the Nagasaki event, so it was just a matter of switching out the Cs for Ps and sending layover jobs to Beijing and Shenyang.

16. Actual Size

Actual Size Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Denver
    A little off topic..

Can you gift a whole plane to someone? I don't see how to in the menus.

Thx

17. RoboBoto

May 1, 2012
    You have to scrap it into parts first, then gift the three parts one at a time.

18. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Dang this event location is... uh.... out of the way. And people only. I refuse to buy class 1 P planes.

19. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    My plan is to do at least 100 jobs, that way I can get the Tiksi achievement done at the same time. I had my big planes filling Seoul with layovers, but the Tiksi round trip takes so long, all my Class 1s are still making the long trek back to Seoul.

20. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Have you completed the Arctic Exposure achievement? If not, load up your class 1 Ms to earn the achievement plus the event bux.