Universal Blackmoor - Platform ARPG (a mix of classics)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by S-Mario, Mar 29, 2014.

1. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Hi everyone, been a long and hard past year for Kwok and myself (Mooff Games), the last game we released was Maximus almost a year ago (oops)

We've had some ups and downs and to cut a long story short... our newest game Blackmoor is coming out next week, it should be fresh for people who enjoy platformers, hack n slash or even street fighter :)

We had an idea to do a super smash brothers style game about 6 months back but couldn't get the multiplayer R&D sorted in time, but now that has been solved we're moving ahead with implementing multiplayer first for Blackmoor in the next update to let people co-op or PVP

Will let you know once things are out and the update is complete, cheers~

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This looks f****n brilliant! Can't wait ;)

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm intrigued. Will the IAP be the same as Maximus?

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Holy ***. This looks epic. I hope it's premium. Please be premium.

5. Kwok

Kwok Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Hi im one of the devs,

Its the full game, you start with 5 continues and get 3 extra for beating the game. Theres no paywalls and you get checkpoints midway in a map. When you die and dont wish to use up your continue, you can restart from nearby instead of right at the beginning of a stage.

Weve tried to make the difficulty curve fairly balanced and you gain money and XP at a decent rate without any grinding. Extra coins and continues can be purchased only as an option for those who wish to take the easy way.

its a 7 month game so far and we are still working on the Co-op mode for another month. Should be out next monday, hope you guys enjoy it!

6. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Sweet. Some old characters made it into that trailer!