Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Just re-downloaded, haven't played since August 2013. But can't find anywhere to enter my old user ID and secret code which I had saved as screenshots.
    Do I have to contact gung-ho to get them to reinstate my old account?
    Hope I can play again, spent quite a bit of money on this game back in the day.....

2. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

It should be one of the options when you first launch the app. Instead of choosing a name, tap the 'Device Change Code' button.

Good luck restoring though, since there's a warning that device change/backup codes are only valid for one week after being issued.

3. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Well unbelievably I now have my old account from 2013 back. Had to submit a request via gung-ho website and also the screen shot of my old ID and secret code is what made the difference I think.
    Kudos to Gung-ho.

4. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Question to everyone including the DEV,

Does enchanted cave 1 work on iPhone 6 ver 8.3???

I get into the game but when I try to go down the stairs I get a black screen with footstep sounds. The screen just stays black with this repeated footstep sound.

Is it like this for everyone.

I wanted to go back and play EC1 to hype myself up to buy EC2.

5. Ohbobol

Ohbobol Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Wow! I've only started playing this game recently. It does seem like a lot of fun that I missed out on for a while :) But I do have some questions/comments.

1. I still suck at making teams. I have a decent dragon set up but it can be hit or miss. I see a lot of advice on sites like http://puzzledragonx.com/ but it still seems overwhelming.

2. Damn hoarding instinct! I feel like it's hard to part with some monsters. I have super rares that I don't use but don't want to get rid of them. What's the best way of "cleaning up" my monster box?

3. Are there any apps or such that can automatically read our set up to help keep track of monsters and teams. Maybe for suggesting builds?

4. How is our leader picked for when we are a friend's request for help?

Hope someone here can help my noob self!

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    So... any relation between this game and Puzzle & Dragon Z Super Mario Edition on the 3DS? At a glance the Z version seems to have a large story and pokemon vibe to it.

7. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Basically the same game. This is the original freemium version that's constantly being updated and improved. The 3DS games were rebalanced and upgraded to be sold as a separate premium experience.

IMHO, Puzzle and Dragons has been extremely fair in their gameplay, generous in handing out premium currency, and has constantly improved and expanded over the last couple of years I've been playing it.

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply, I'm all for fair iap games, have lots on my devices. I'm thinking this game would fit well for quick spurts on my i6+. Main reason the 3DS version has me curious is the super mario brothers version of the game heh.