Any other games like Swordigo?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GAMESHARQ, Jun 9, 2012.

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Earth
    I just got done playing Swordigo today and I must say it was one of the best games I've played in a long time (and that includes console games). It reminded me of a cross between Zelda and NyxQuest.

Are there any other games on the market like it?

2. Pixell55

Pixell55 New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    I'm in the same state...

You know, Swordigo could be the best game I've EVER played yet. I'm just a few hours from finishing the game and i'm also searching for one which gets me just the amount of addiction to it. Sadly, I just can't seem to find any. I get bored after playing after a while in most cases.. I'd also be happy if anyone has got some ideas. :)

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I wish.

A game that's mostly unrelated but grabbed me just as much as Swordigo had is the recently released Project 83113 by NCsoft. Maybe it's worth a look for you guys too?

4. Nshager

Nshager Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Zija Distributor
    Kentucky, USA
    I just finished Shantae last night. Still not as good, but close and easily worth the $2 price. Took about 5 hours to finish.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There's also Elemental Rage.

6. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I tend to agree. Swordigo is an incredibly fantastic game. I love platformers and have played tons of them, but this has raced right to the top. And this is despite me not really digging the visual style of the game.If anything could be better about this game, would possibly be slightly better animations for the characters.

Apart from that, the games that you'd enjoy if you like Swordigo
    1. Run Kitty Run - this one really doesnt get talked about a lot, but take my word, it's an amazing platformer. Nice action, lot of exploring if you want to find all the secret pictures. Brilliant art style.
    2. Babylonian Twins
    3. Robot Wants Kitty - Really loooooong levels in this game.
    4. Soosiz - game by the same devs as swordigo.
    5. Bounce and Bounce 2 (i dont think this is the exact name) I preferred the first game btw.

7. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Although its not at all a platformer, you absolutely, positively OWE IT TO YOURSELF to pick up Mage Gauntlet. I promise you, you will not put it down once you start. It's got that Zelda-ish-ness to it that just grabs you and doesn't let go. You will NOT be let down. I know this sounds kinda shill, but that's because I have no problems fanboy-slobbering all over this game. It's that good. Get it.

8. bing_10

bing_10 New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    what about detective/puzzle games?

Yeah swordigo and NyxQuest are the best in ISO.
    Once you played them,all the other games are bad....:'(
    But maybe you can try the ones below,they are not RPG or adventure game,but they are 3D games(I just don't have any feeling for 2D games),at least they are my type:
    1.city of fog(by big fish games inc)-the main thread is about investigating a murder,and the game is composed by several small games,a little bit like atlantis(a PPC game) but not as good.But the pictures are good
    2.law & order legacies-detective game,quite similar to Ace Attorney(a GBA game)
    By the way they are all NOT free games and since i bought them in chinese app store, don't know if it is also sold in your country....

9. Pixell55

Pixell55 New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    So true. ^^ (for the first lines) Thanks.

10. askacy

askacy Active Member

Jun 3, 2011
    If you enjoyed Swordigo you should take a look at Sooziz it's an awsome platformer. There's like 8 world with lile 8-9 per world level are challenging. The only thing you may dislike is that it's more based on Mario Galaxy.

11. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    #11 Bloko, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    You should try LostWinds games. Not as much action as Swordigo, but it's a very catching and polished game anyway.
    Metroidvania-esque world map too. Better story than Swordigo's. Incredibly beautiful level design.

12. bing_10

bing_10 New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Maybe it's a good game,but the image and the avatar looks quite....

13. bing_10

bing_10 New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Lostwinds looks so beautiful!!! i'm gonna try!
    But i can't find metroidvania... Maybe it's not sold in apple store china.....T_T

14. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    "Metroidvania" is not a game, but a term used to describe a genre of games based on exploration and ability upgrades, as well as platforming and combat. The term comes from the two best games of this type in history: Super Metroid and Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

15. bing_10

bing_10 New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I see!!! Thank you very much!!!!

16. otashm

otashm New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Since Swordigo & NyxQuest are also my favorite two games, I'll add my opinions.

-Perfect Cell; even though it's so different, I think it plays like Swordigo & NyxQuest.
    -Nihilumbra; at least the first half, then it gets really hard

-Paper Monsters, Giana Sisters, Terra Noctis; they are all more Mario than Zelda, and not great, but mentionable.

-Gene Effect; not sure it can go in this category. It's really good and gets really hard but not too hard, at least not yet. Although I'm not excited to play it as much as the others.

Not really sure why I found Swordigo & NyxQuest simple for me to understand and play the whole way through, but I found
    Project 83113, Shantae, Babylonian Twins, LostWinds
    all too hard or confusing to me.

As for Mage Gauntlet, I couldn't get past the last level of the first (of three) map pages, but it was great until it got too hard for me.

I also really liked Robot Wants Kitty, I just wouldn't put it in this category.

Gonna try Elemental Rage & Bounce On Up. Very interested in reviving this thread and getting more suggestions...

17. play@forgevault

Jan 9, 2013
  18. thesidewaystable

thesidewaystable Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    I loved swordigo
    These are some of games that are also good
    Love hate and the other ones
    They need to be feed
    Spider

19. otashm

otashm New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up on Mauv. Fantastic game, totally in the same playing style as Swordigo. Exactly what I've been wanting.

20. musicloverdenon

musicloverdenon New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Hey guys, I am huge fan of swordigo and enjoyed playing it on my 4s. Recently I switched to galaxy S4. I thought Swordigo will be much more fun on it's bigger and better resolution screen. But I am baffled to find out that Swordigo is not available for Android:eek:. It's a pity that such a good game is not available to a vast population of android.
    I am sorry if this question has been asked earlier, but can you people suggest any similar game like swordigo if available for Android?