Universal Sorcery! - (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 1, 2013.

1. badr

badr Member

Apr 17, 2010
    IT Infrastructure Engineer
    Useless, Tx
    Hi all!

I apologize in advanced if this is not the proper forum to ask, what follows is a question regarding one of the quests, so if someone could guide me as to what to do, I would appreciate it! I have looked at it from so many angles and still cant figure it out.... =)

In Sorcery! Part 1... SPOILERS BELOW!!

Right after passing the Cantopani Gate, and right before Cantopani, there is a path to the right (east) that I followed and it eventually takes you through a cave and after you exit a beach. there you meet a woman on a boat who is weaving and asks you a couple of questions in terms of going the way of the coward or the dangerous way, either way you reply, if you tell her you cant climb out, she will give you a strand of her hair. She says, "You will need this for your spell of returning", she also says "the land of Daddu-Ley is not mean to be lived in"...

After she leaves, you get three options: Examine the Hair, try magic or Call after her. The only possible way is trying magic because the other two answers are just descriptive, insinuating to you the tide is rising and if you dont get out of there quickly you will drown.

I have tried all the spells I can think of and nothing work, I always drown. I have already finished this part of the book twice, but this quest intrigues me a lot and I am really curious about it to the point that I have looked everywhere for answers but I havent found anything.

Please Obi-wan-kenobi, you are my only hope... =)

2. Sejuro

Sejuro New Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Graphic designer
    Poland
    badr:

While examining the walls in the caves that will ultimately lead you to the beach you will find single letter markings, 3 in total. If you combine them by chronology they will create POT, which is an anagram of the word TOP and that you must cast in order to escape the incoming tide.

3. badr

badr Member

Apr 17, 2010
    IT Infrastructure Engineer
    Useless, Tx
    GAH!!! How I missed that!!! Well thanks for your help =)

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just got this today and cannot believe how good it is. This is a real treat and should be enjoyed by everyone regardless if they like to read or not. Super excited to make my way through this and get into the second one.

5. scottvin

scottvin New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    where can I find the armband?

6. Riptide22

Riptide22 New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Student
    California
    You have to meet Alianna the Witch, save her, and ask for her aid in Combat.

7. TheOmen2

TheOmen2 Member

Feb 27, 2014
    #307 TheOmen2, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    I'm really enjoying this game despite my adversion to text heavy games. The gameplay is very immersive and the combat system is elegent. I've played through three times trying for the best loot. I've done better each time, but each time suspect there is even more I'm missing. A list of challenges I found on the Inkle site today confirms this suspicion.
    (they another list for part 2)

I've done 5 (marked with asterisks).

Survived the fields of the Black Lotus?
    Met a man with an identical twin?
    Been eaten to death by bats? *
    Collected 5 Giant's teeth?*
    Collected more than seventy Gold Pieces?
    Killed Jann the Minimite?
    Solved the riddle of Daddu-Ley? *
    Been cursed by a spirit? *
    Set off, and survived, all three traps in the Manticore's maze in a single run?*
    Completed the game without a single fight (except for the tutorial sparring match)?

Anyone know how to kill Jann or about the twin?

8. TheOmen2

TheOmen2 Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Anyone manage to find a pick axe?

9. Vale12arius

Vale12arius Member

Apr 12, 2014
    #309 Vale12arius, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    If you still need help the spell is TOP throughout the areas a P appears down the caves is an O and right before the beach lift the stone, read the writing cast the FOG spell and look at it again. The letter T is there. The spell is TOP and do not forget to grab it.

10. Vale12arius

Vale12arius Member

Apr 12, 2014
    #310 Vale12arius, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    To survive the Black Lotus you need to first get nose plugs from Aliana.( witch in the woods ) go to the plague village, then to the waterfall and say this water cures disease. Then walk back tell Jann to go to them and then take the path up to the lotus and when given the chance cast the spell NIF and walk through. To kill Jan you need to help the old man out of the tree, when help is cried past Cantopponi. ( first town ) and except his spell page. *NOTE you CANNOT survive the black lotus and kill Jann in one run!* Later on top of the waterfall an old women invites you into her house. Accept and make conversation and switch or don't switch cups with her. You or she will then take or give the spell page pest control basically. She asks if you would like to be rid of pests say yes and Jann is dead. The gold pices you would need to get the emeralds in the mines that are close to Analand and a pickaxe if there is one to mine in the manticore's lair. I have no idea about the twins. If you need me to be more clear just ask. For the fighting I would just recommend avoiding sleeping outside and escape the Svinn in the end. You should know dangerous areas.

11. Vale12arius

Vale12arius Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Has anyone told you about a pickaxe? I need on as well

12. Vale12arius

Vale12arius Member

Apr 12, 2014
    I am very late but cast FOG then YOB then ZAP and it should die after you stab it

13. M83

M83 Member

Mar 27, 2013
    been replaying the first installment since apparently inkle posted about achievements but ended up trying to beat the creature in Jaiker Mines. I believe I'm getting close though, Daddu-Ley whispered me something about that.. but i guess I'm missing a particular item for a particular spell?

is it really obtainable?

14. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Met a man with an identical twin? where is it?
    I don't recall exactly where, but you come across a bridge and a man demanding a toll - this is near a town. You can refuse to pay. Once you enter the town, stop at the inn and the text will say something like 'you've seen this man before' - the owner of the inn has an identical twin. You can eat a meal and sleep for free if you follow this path.

Solved the riddle of Daddu-Ley? which one exactly? i'm getting suspicious
    You can explore the caves right at the beginning - you get a new spell TOP - that is pretty darned useless IMO - it's only use is to get out of the very caves you are in. You miss getting some items if you chose to explore the caves, but you get a line of text at the end saying that you've solved the mystery of Daddu-Ley

15. Abley

Abley New Member

#315 Abley, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Sorcery! makes me think of DnD a lot, which i also love! I had not the experience of the original games but this is so great! It makes my memory work by forcing me to remember the spell-book spellings. I might end up writing it all down for my wife, which brings me to my only gripe: I would love to have multiple save-games per profile, or multiple profiles per account. A lot of games have that and I am used to it. As it is, I have to finish my game before my wife can make a character then I will lose my Importable character. Unless I use Titanium backup , but that's a lot of backing up and restoring. I should do that anyway.

16. MehZhure

MehZhure New Member

Apr 12, 2015
    2 Emeralds

Does anyone know what/if the use for the 2 emeralds is? And...why are they not carried over to Sorcery! 2?

I have played through both a few times already, and I have done most everything that can be done. My last attempt at Khare` ended with a pretty good haul (doing it in one pass).

Magical Items:
    4 beeswax, skullcap, 2 bags of sand, nose plugs, 3 pebbles, 3 Blimberry, flute, 4 goblin teeth, black mask, green wig, bracelet of bone, and 2 sun jewels.

Weapons:
    Armband(+1), Large-hand, silver bow, silver chain, and chainmail gauntlet.

I managed to forget to snag the gold backed mirror, so I gotta back track and figure out how to pick that up.

In the Treasure, I have the badge of the seventh noble, and the serpent ring.

I still have the Copper key and Silver key.

In the Other Items listing, there are a few things I have not figure out a use for.
    There is a Locket, which was picked up in part 1. There is a Paper Fragment, which is lodged in the zombie noble's throat. Then there is the Essence of Bark, which I snagged from the Herbalist. And then the two different sets of teeth that were carried over from part 1.
    Any ideas on any of these items?

Overall, I have to say, I am really glad I ran across these apps. They have proven to be more entertaining than anything else I have played. Looking forward to picking up the sequels!

17. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    They're traded in for money at the end of the game.

18. Nightking

Nightking New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Where is pick?

Has anyone ever found where the pick is at to mine the diamonds. Is there even a pick to be found in the game?

19. carnivalesque

carnivalesque New Member

Apr 29, 2015
  20. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Locket: I haven't found a use for it
    Paper Fragment:
    The other half can be found on the way to the Festival in Sorcery 2 if, and only if, you stop to eat. The two halves together give you Moulas' spell line, but you can also learn it at the Temple of Slaang.
    Essence of Bark:
    I am told this protects you from the Stranglebush in Sorcery 3.
    Snattacat and Ape Teeth:
    Sell them to the tooth merchant in Tinpang in Sorcery 3.