A good tool for resizing images in batch?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by baris, Feb 16, 2011.

1. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Anyone know of a good tool for resizing (down sizing) images in batch? Hopefully something with an as simple work flow as possible, since I want to resize 10-15 sets of animation.

I was considering getting Pixelmator (not just for this purpose), is it any good for batch resizing images?

2. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
  3. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    What tools do you use to create them in the first place?

Chances are high thoose already carry the ability todo batch jobs.

4. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    @bunglez
    Thanks, but a Windows machine, what is that? I'm trying to forget those days :)
    There doesn't seem to be an Irfan View for Mac unfortunately.

@mr.ugly
    I'm not creating them myself. I want to try some alternative sizes, and I don't want to have to ask the artist each time.

5. Leothwyn

Leothwyn Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I don't know if Google's Picassa is for Mac... if so, it's a nice option. You just view the folder of photos in Picassa, star/select the ones you want, then file>export and there's an option to choose the size that you want.

6. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    #6 K?!, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
    Is this what you're looking for?

SmallImage

Edit: Pixelmator doesn't have batch image resizing support but it is an amazing fast and small photo editing tool that can be used by someone with little or no experience. Just being able to quickly add your logo to screenshots is worth it. And you can download a 30 day trial from their website.

7. Steve Oldmeadow

May 22, 2009
    If you are on a Mac then Preview will resize images and its free.

If you want it to do a batch conversion then use Automator. Even if you bought Pixelmator you'll need to learn Automator to do batch conversion.

8. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I decided that the best way will be to use Automator, this will be a good excuse to learn using it anyway.

SmallImage seems to be only for jpeg files. I downloaded the free demo version of Pixelmator and Picasa for Mac to check them out. I didn't know Pixelmator had a free trial on their website, that was great news.

Thanks for all the responses.