Universal Crypt of the NecroDancer Pocket Edition (by Brace Yourself Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2016.

1. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Progress wiped! Curses!!! I love this game enough that I can see myself enjoying playing from the beginning, but I don't want to start again if THAT will just get wiped.

Pretty please fix this bug. This game is too good for me not to play.

2. BraceYourselfGames_Jackie

Aug 5, 2016
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! We're still gathering feedback on the update and once we are done doing that, we will begin planning for the next update.

We hope to address the iPhone 7+ issues in a future update. Unfortunately I can't give a specific timeframe on it, but we would like to get it out as soon as possible.

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    picked this up today. Imps:

-for anyone who is worrying about the whole rythm thing, you can play as Bard straight away, which allows you to move at your own pace. Also you can disable those flashy floor tiles. This pretty much makes it a more "normal" roguelike even though it seems tough as hell for me. If you like this sort of thing, even without the rythm, get this now for only 2 eu/usd.

-for the devs who are very active here: first of all, thank you for a game which is making me smile even when i lose, because of the whole upbeat music/gameplay. Also, very well thought of you to put all these options in there.
    One suggestion though, i would love it if you could make the play area fullscreen, and have transparent controls -like Wayward Souls which worked so well. I'm playing on a 6s+ and it looks like it's taking only 1/3 of the screen with the controls left and right taking most of the space.

4. BraceYourselfGames_Jackie

Aug 5, 2016
    We're really sorry to hear that your game progress is wiped and it made you start over. We would like to fix the issue, so we are trying to gather up information about what could have caused it. Would you be able to answer some questions for us? What device and OS were you playing the game on when this problem happened? Did anything unusual happen, did the game crash, or did any messages/errors show up? Were you playing while logged into a Game Center account, and is it the same account you're currently using? Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.

(If you would prefer to discuss this privately, you can also email us: help[at]braceyourselfgames[dot]com )

5. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    Thanks for getting back to me! I was logged into Game Centre- all my stats of the things I completed are actually still there, even though for some reason after opening up the app it just suddenly loaded the tutorial again and refreshed the progress. I'm on ios 10 and an ipad air. I can't remember, but I had been playing it quite a lot recently, and I have a vague memory of Necro sending me back to the homescreen once or twice, but otherwise it didn't seem especially glitchy. That's about all the sata I can give you. Thanks so hard for the gentle response. Any prospective buyers reading this shouldn't let this completely minority glitch dissuade them, as this is definitely in my top ten ever games on ios. Buy it!!!

6. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Was looking at this since on sale, but have a 7+ and see there are UI bugs with no timeline on fix? Meh. Is it unplayable?

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Can this be played without audio? Thanks.

8. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    With Bard

9. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    I own greedy cave should I get this one?

10. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    In a word - yes.

11. peon2000

peon2000 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank you so much for returning the dancing skeleton icon!

12. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    This is so much better! Play with the bard if you don't want the rythem part of the game and just want to play turn-based.

And the dancing skeleton is back! Yaiii!

13. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Glad the dancing skeleton returns to us all. He represents the game and it's values so much better.

14. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    This is not clicking with me. Looking at other comments I guess In going to try the bard to see if I can get my head around the mechanics before going back to rhythm.

Or does nobody ever go back to rhythm once they try the bard?

15. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    You have to play with the first gal who looks a bit like Link's sister to unlock the story elements, but if you're not so hot it may be worth using the Bard to unlock everything first. You should enjoy the game a bit more with the safety net of having the best upgrades unlocked. If you free the dude in level 2, you can also go in with advance weapons for a few little diamonds.

The funny thing about rhythm is you don't really notice it when you're in it. It only becomes glaringly obvious from the outside. Unless you're like my dad who has asperger's and hates all music, it should click pretty soon. The first dungeon's pretty unfun and on-railsy, but immediately after that, when the levels broaden out and you find yourself having to quickly micro-manage the hoards heading towards you, it becomes massively addictive. At least for me. Keep plugging away. It's often the things that take awhile to click that end up being permanent mainstays!

16. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to persevere. If everybody else loves it, I'm sure the penny will drop for me eventually.

17. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    Would you say you've clocked most of the enemies' movement/attack patterns yet? That's probably the number one key to getting anywhere in this game.

18. BraceYourselfGames_Jackie

Aug 5, 2016
    Hi! We just posted an update that should fix the lost save data issue. Please let us know if you run into any other issues.

19. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Permanently staying on my device

Crypt of the Necrodancer was Game of the Year before, right? If not, I'm filing a class action lawsuit against TA. xD

This game is just too damn awesome! I paid full price and bought the Japanese version, which has some difference with the soundtracks; I'm still learning enemy movements/patterns. The whole game is very challenging and hardcore, which I love! One day, I'll learn how to defeat dragons...I still haven't beaten ZONE 1 yet, but maybe after a good month or so of practice, I'll be able to effortlessly.

Thanks again to the developer for porting this gem to iOS!! It is one of those games that will stay on my device permanently. :)

20. bryngylf

bryngylf Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Seems to be discounted right now!