Thoughts on a Powerstone like ipod game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nkflier23, May 13, 2010.

1. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    #1 nkflier23, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Powerstone is awesome, if you have a PSP you can get it on there.

Not sure why it would be Gamevils area though? What do you mean? Might just be something I'm missing.

Don't think I'd want Gamevil anywhere near this type of game, not a fan of that dev.

3. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Power Stone would be awesome for the iDevice but sadly as SEGA hates the iDevice (or at least is too stupid to realize how powerful it is) we won't get it :(

And why Gamevil? I also do not understand why you threw their name out.

4. nkflier23

Feb 14, 2010
    Powerstone is owned by Capcom not Sega
    I like Gamevil's style of graphics, so I chose them
    Only thing they fail at is actual online multiplayer

5. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    Wut makes you say that?

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Gamevil's 2D cartoony graphics would make the game NOTHING like Power Stone. I played the game in an arcade one day and really liked it, but as much as I like Gamevil, I wouldn't put them in charge of a game like this. I'd give it to Gameloft, since you really don't need much story, but rather good controls and good 3D graphics, both of which GL can handle well.

And Gamevil doesn't fail at online MP. I actually had a ton of fun playing Zenonia 2 online.

7. nkflier23

Feb 14, 2010
    I didn't say I wanted an EXACT port of powerstone, notice how in the title I said Powerstone-like not the exact game. I'm more of a fan of cartoony graphics when it comes to free roaming fighters, graphics like Rumble Fighter or Zenonia..

And on Zenonia you aren't ACTUALLY fighting someone in real life, it's more like a bot of their character, same with Baseball Superstars

8. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Power Stone revolves around a free-roam movement system on a 3D engine, I don't think 2D would work well, I wouldn't want Gamevil to do it.

9. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Graphics don't make a game

They don't realize how powerful the iDevice is (comparable to PSP and much better than a DS) so they only give us lackluster ports of some of their classic yet dated genisis games only with horrible controls and very often features of the games missing.

10. nkflier23

Feb 14, 2010
    I never said graphics made the game -.- I just said I like their style of graphics, thus the reason why I would want them to make it

11. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Ok but you can't say you want a a company to make a game because of a graphic style they used. Its just makes no sense.

12. nkflier23

Feb 14, 2010
    That's why it isn't the only reason I chose them, the fact that I like their graphics style is only a plus. They make excellent games too