Waste Paper Basket Ball Diaries - WPBBD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nocanwin, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nocanwin

nocanwin Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    #1 nocanwin, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
    The teaser video is out!!!

So... this is my second game for the iPhone / iPod Touch.

It's basically an office basketball game. It's in the same vein as PaperToss, but I tried to put my own spin. In PT you flick the ball, but it only registers angle not power. Mine does both. This makes things a little more complex, but you can also be more accurate. I also have a lot more ways to score. You get points by shooting memos into a basket or inbox. You can get even more points by shooting your work assignments into a coworkers inbox. Here are some screen shots and the description. Hope you like it. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time to start slacking!

Sometimes sitting at the back of the office is like sitting in the back of a classroom. Simply crush incoming memos into balls and make some quick imaginary points by shooting them into the surrounding waste paper baskets. Better yet, crush your incoming assignments and get them into a co-workers inbox. They'll have to do the work for you! Bounce one off a coworkers head for some consecutive bonus points or hit the AC for a wind multiplier. Now you're making some real imaginary points.

The axe is probably going to get you sooner or later. When it does come submit your imaginary points to an online leaderboard!
    atures:

• 3d environment/camera
    • interactive 2d cutout characters
    • 3d paper crushing action
    • online scoreboard (OpenFeint: One of the few that supports unity :D)
    • intuitive crush, shoot and you don't have to flick if you don't want to controls.
    • wind
    • a guy sleeping
    • an angry co-worker
    • uh... cute posters with cats

Oh, it's under review right now and it'll be 99 cents.

2. apppanther

apppanther Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Uhhhhhhh.........

Thanks, but I'm going to stick with Paper Toss, it's free, and frankly, this game doesn't look half as good as Paper Toss, it needs a serious graphical makeover, but I will admit that the poeple in the game look kinda funny, but not funny enough to make me spend a dollar on this when I can buy Paper Toss: World Tour for the same price.

3. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Woooow. These graphics are very good, I'm digging the paper graphics!
    It looks awesome.

4. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    I INSIST you by my game and not PaperToss! :D

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Its okay dev, hes an annoying person with multiple accounts on TA

6. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up eggzbacon. I'm glad you like the graphics. I just don't understand who wouldn't want to spend 99 cents on a game that included this motivational poster?

[​IMG]

Your desire for this game just went up a couple notches, didn't it! ;)

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    lol@apppanther suggesting a graphical makeover. All his entries in the iDrop Dead competition seem to be intentionally aimed at making the game look worse.

8. apppanther

Aug 22, 2009
    So my drawings on the idrop dead competition were bad?

If my drawings were bad then why was I a runner up and why am I the only person to enter the second one yet??? Becuz the rest of you guys r all chumps with no good ideas. AND I DID ALL OF THOSE GOOD DRAWINGS ON PAINT, WHILE THE REST OF YOU USED PROFESSIONAL DRAWING PROGRAMS, SO BEAT THAT! I'm just saying, if this game ever gets in the top 100 paid apps i swear to god I will jump off a cliff onto a burning car filled with poison! Go Paper Toss!!!

9. apppanther

Aug 22, 2009
    OMG! What's with that zebra? Photoshop anyone?

werent you that guy with a the really bad zebra submission? What were you thinking anyway, i wanna make this game insanely weird? And you think MY drawings are bad! lolololololololololololololololololololoololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    I should have a gameplay video out soon. I know it's hard to convey the gameplay only through screens.

Any ideas about promoting the game? I'm pretty new to TA. Do devs start WIP threads?

11. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    one reason i never upgraded from paper toss is i felt it had no character so this looks great

besides that a thread is good enough and if you dont have one a twitter account is usually nice to have

12. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  13. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
  14. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    Yeah! the teaser video is out.

15. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
  16. zlibd

zlibd Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New York
    looks even more promising with the video

17. apppanther

Aug 22, 2009
    Ehh.....

The video actually makes me wonder if this game has potential, maybe I won't jump off that cliff after all...... only timw will tell...... so mysterious...... lol

18. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    thanks zlibd.

I'm trying to think of better ways to promote the game. Would you rather see a lite version for the iphone or a web version?

Since I built it in Unity it's pretty easy for me to build a version for the web, but I haven't seen anyone try and promote their game that way.

19. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    This game looks pretty good, i like how there is "power" control, it will make the game interesting. To promote the game, probably a lite version would be best, because an online one wouldnt give you a real feel for the gameplay (touch controls and such). The lite version could have one or two levels, one easy level and an other hard one. I am interested in seeing how well this game will do next to Paper Toss. Probably this for those who want a challenge (due to power control), and Paper Toss for those who just want a simple pick up and play. Also hoping you'll have promo codes to hand out ;)

20. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    The "power" control definitely makes it play different than PaperToss. In WPBBD the wind is consistent and on a timer so you have time to find the sweet spot for a particular target and rack up some points.

I didn't think about giving away promo codes, but I'm sure there will be some leftovers. ;)