Audio Puzzle - Rediscover your music!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by johannth, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johannth

johannth Member

Sep 22, 2009
    #1 johannth, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    Hi everyone.
    Do you remember Peter und Vlad - the really odd (but epic) sheep herding game that told the harrowing tale of the two brothers Peter & Vlad and their dramatic battle with an out-of-control invention? Well, we at Dexoris have done it again and tomorrow, the 4th of December, we will release our second game, a musical jigsaw puzzle, appropriately named Audio Puzzle!

As you can see from this game-play video, Audio Puzzle is a different beast from Peter und Vlad. We even believe this game is the first of a kind (at least in the App Store) - a game that uses your music collection as material for a jigsaw puzzle. This means that you cannot rely on your eyes but must use your ears to complete the puzzle!

The game offers infinite game-play through 3 different game-play modes:
    • BASIC: No-frills, but with a lot of thrills, audio jigsaw action!
    • DISTRACTION: In order to distract you, the clever artificial intelligence mixes the real pieces with other similar sounding music pieces.
    • HARDCORE: Only for the extreme players! When playing this mode you can only listen to the music once and must therefore rely on your memory to complete the task!
    This game is certainly for everyone who loves music or needs to rediscover their music collection. The only requirement is that you are running iPhone OS 3.0 or higher and have at least 5 songs in your music library.

If you are like me and like your information in bullet form you will like this list:

Audio Puzzle features:
    • Turns every song from your music collection into an exciting jigsaw puzzle!
    • Intuitive touch controls!
    • Dazzling graphics!
    • 3 gameplay modes that each allows for infinite amount of gameplay! Recommend songs to your friends as you rediscover old classics by playing the game!
    • Songs are easily skippable to save you from the embarrassment when you need to quickly hide your dirty music secrets!
    Hope you are as excited as me about this game and will check it out when it appears on the store tomorrow!

In the meantime you can become a fan on Facebook, get real time updates by following us on Twitter or just visit our website.

Finally, here are some screenshots for those who hate moving pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I love the idea and i have a huge collection on my phone.

One question: i also have a lot of DJ-mixes that last about an hour and i guess that would push the difficulty on another level and i´m looking forward to that.

Is the app capable of taking a section from the middle or the end of such mixes, too? Like choosing a part that goes from 23:45 min to 24:50 or something like that. Or will it always start at the beginning of a track?

3. johannth

johannth Member

Sep 22, 2009
    The game always splits the song into 6 or 7 parts. The length of the part is semi-random but in your case the parts will be quite long. However, by using the slider you can easily skip parts or fast forward to a certain part.

Your scenario is however very interesting and we'll be sure to have such long tracks in mind when we release an update. Possibly a specific game mode that focuses on such long tracks.

4. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Rediscover music

I'm the art designer for the Audio Puzzle and I'm having fun with this one.

I find the game quite useful discovering new music I haven't listen to.

But boy was I surprised how much crap I listen to ha ha. Now I'm under constant pressure to add good music to my library :)

Best
    Raven

5. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    this looks amazing, great idea, and looks very polished, a definitely buy as soon as its out.

so it WILL be on the appstore tomorrow? or are you just speculating based on when you sent it in for review?

6. johannth

johannth Member

Sep 22, 2009
    We got approved by Apple this morning and the game will definitely be released tomorrow, Friday the 4th of December.

7. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    #7 Raven, Dec 3, 2009
    Ready for sale

What he said :)

8. idrisguitar

Dec 8, 2008
    #8 idrisguitar, Dec 3, 2009
    thanks for the info guys, wish it was out today :D.

i liked the look of peter und vlad but never took the plunge, will be buying audio puzzle without a thought and if i love it (im sure i will) then i might just go for peter und vlad too :) (even though i know they are different,)

9. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #9 amusing Grace, Dec 3, 2009
    Thanx for your reply.
    How about this for long mixes or tracks: the app selects a one or two minute part of a mix and then splits it into six puzzleparts. I don´t really like the idea to fast forward to be able to listen to the end of a part. Better keep the parts short (like 10 sec.) so one can listen to it in one go and then try to figure out which part comes next. Keep in mind that DJs usually don´t play tracks that long before the next comes into the mix.

Another thing:
    Could you make the app "play-list-aware"? -I mean that you could choose from the menu from what playlist the puzzles are generated. I have for instance a playlist for Rock, another one only for Turbonegro stuff, one for Techno etc.
    And i would love to be able to choose which kind of puzzles i get.

10. johannth

johannth Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Oops, I see that I forgot to mention that feature. For every game mode you can either choose your own music (therefore you can play your pre-defined playlists) or let the game challenge you by choosing random songs (and rediscover tracks that you had forgotten). So lucky for you, that feature has already been implemented!

I'll post a more thorough feature list tomorrow when the game has been released.

11. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wow great, I'll buy it for sure! I like a lot the idea and playing with my favorite songs is really wonderful ;)

12. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Wow - this looks great! I'll definately be picking this one up

13. beztur

beztur Active Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Introduction price

We are thinking about setting the price at USD 0.99 for the first three days and then bump it up to a normal price of USD 2.99.

You snooze, you loose :)

14. idrisguitar

Dec 8, 2008
    thats sounds great to me, its a true steal at 0.99 you should geta lot of interest :D

15. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    New Genre, good Price Tag and video's

I'm sure people will like the price tag $0.99. And I'm happy you do.

What I would like to see happen is people doing video's of them playing the game. It would be so interesting to see what people are listening to.

Furthermore the more success the game gets we will see Apple opening up more and supporting this new Genre.

We are just scratching the surface of what we can do with this technology.

So expect more games from us in this genre and fun updates :)

16. idrisguitar

Dec 8, 2008
    ill try and get a vid up over the weekend, ill probably be playing with joanna newsom or okkervil river :)

17. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    What music are you playing

Cool idrisguitar that be great. AudiPuzzle is simple and fun, we are working on updates and future games that will follow. Looking forward to see what you are listening to :)

18. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    haha first of all i love the last bullet, secondly i have crap on my ipod, (with the occasional beatles) and i will definitely pick this up, i feel like im pirating it from you for a buck :eek::p

19. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Music

Yes there is no hiding your dirty secrets any more :) The game forces you to load it with your best music. But then again it's fun to play with songs that your not to familiar with.

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Really interesting, I'll probably pick this up when it comes out.