The (un)official hidden gems-Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iSwiss, Jul 18, 2011.

1. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    #1 iSwiss, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    So, I thought it would be a good idea to collect all the hidden gems ( games that don'get the attention they deserve) you have got, in one thread.

I will continuosly collect all the games you name in this post:

Please, if you name a game: tell us:

- why it is that great?
    - what genre it is?
    - ( price)

My choices

VISUAL NOVEL

BAR OASIS - Basically it is a drink mixing game, bit as a barkeeper you will hear very interesting storys of your guests. Best one out there!

SPORTS

Tennis Tour - 2D tennis, but with a great pace and gameplay.
    vector Rally - Racing game with paper look reminding of the good old draw race
    RPG

Last Class Heroes - Fun, weird anime-style fighting RPG

ARCADE

Hungrymaster - Addicting swiping game with lots of content

Strategy

Army of Darkness - Cool tower defense game FREE

CARD GAMES

Spades King - No reason why.

PUZZLE

Deflex - Fun, lightball controlling game
    Flower Board - Adiccting puzzle game, for free.

2. Lazer

Lazer Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    I've been enjoying the rather ridiculous Last Class Heroes. There's a review of it here . It's sort of an RPG I guess, but it's quirky and weird, and so long as you're ok with Anime-style art it looks pretty awesome.

3. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Im enjoying Hungrymaster its a arcade game with addicting swipe gameplay. Its got loads of content too.

4. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    First post updated - Now daily update of the first post after new games mentioned.

5. m0rgoth

m0rgoth New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Army of Darkness is cool. So is Spades King for cards.

6. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Added Deflex to the list

7. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    Flower Board is great. It's free right now so no excuse not to grab it - it's one of those "simple rules, play at your own pace" type of games which gets super-addictive after just a couple of sessions. Came out way too late in the game to get much notice, and the name probably didn't help :(

Vector Rally ($0.99) is a hidden gem if ever there was one. A very different style of racing game than you'll see elsewhere (think racing meets graph paper). Looks like it wouldn't be so enticing, but it's perfect for the phone and hard to put away. Even got an Apple feature but still never too many downloads - look it up!

8. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Thanks!

First post daily updated!!

Any more?

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I've been kind of obsessed with Protoxide: Death Rally, a surprisingly deep take on a WipeOut style futuristic racer. It succeeds where games LGR2 failed (in my view) by not really trying to clone WipeOut (in fact, the track design is more like Motorstorm) and by including a beefy mission-based single player campaign. My only issue with the game is that it's not retina enable (though it doesn't look bad) and some of the textures are weak, but all in all it's a surprisingly polished effort.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #10 Echoseven, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    Archibald's Adventures:
    Fun adventure-platformer-puzzle game with tons of level and different puzzle elements. Very fun. So much fun, it needs to be said twice. Three times now... ;)

Helsing's Fire: $1.29
    I'm not sure whether this got the attention it deserves, but it is an awesome puzzle games with a pretty unique idea. Plenty of levels, a survival mode and an online mode with new (online-only) levels added faster than they get completed. Definitely one of my all-time favorites.

There are a few others, but these two are still on my iThing and have been there the longest.