Universal FINAL FANTASY IV - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Actually, they have said they won't remake FFVII until a new entry in the franchise surpasses it.

They don't want to remake what they consider to be the "pinnacle" of the series. If they decide that a future numbered title dethrones VII, they will reconsider.

They even went so far as to say if they remade VII right now, it would be the end of the franchise. I don't remember their exact reasoning for that statement, though.

Personally I prefer VI over VII and VII feels dated to me in more ways than just graphics, but plenty disagree =p

2. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    This may also be a marketing strategy to avoid that people waits for FFVII and don't spend cash to buy old ones.

SE refusing to cash in money seems so not like them.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    If a Final Fantasy VII remake is to be made, I hope they graft an Aerith revival sidequest into it.

I hope to see ports of FF VIII, IX and X in future. Those were the ones I didn't come close to finishing...

I think I figured out why iOS FF IV is not cutting it with me. I have just played it too much, on the SNES, Playstation, and GBA.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I really don't notice the tiny stretch to fit in the iP5 widescreen. That said, I am just glad that I am able to play this on my iPhone.
    I started on hard difficulty... will see how hard it gets.

5. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    They're doing an HD remake/enhanced port(really unclear which) of X. Have been for quite some time now.

VII is the only one off the table that I know of.

I look forward to VI being remade most of all.

6. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Dunno if X HD would make it to the AppStore though. From the way they've talked about it, it's going to be a retail release on PS3 and Vita, and considering the size of the game, it's unlikely it would make it to the AppStore without being heavily compressed in areas, simplified, or have stuff missing.

Final Fantasy V is supposed to come, though its uncertain whether it will be as a remake or a port of an old version. http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/20/final-fantasy-v-and-more-coming-to-ios-devices/

7. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Yeah, wasn't claiming it was going to be iOS. Just pointing out that it's happening =p

Hoping V is a remake to continue the progress with III and IV personally. I don't care if it's 3D, but polish wouldn't hurt. People could simply play the original if that's all they desire. That's what I would do, anyway.

8. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Are there any differences to the DS version. Should i still buy it even if i have it on the DS?

9. crazycan98

crazycan98 Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Said it wouldn't be remade yes, such as ff3 and 4 being remade into 3D.
    However they have re-released the PC version since saying it wont be remade so I think 2-3 years away FF7 would see a tablet release.
    You can already get it handheld if you get one of the Sony Xperia phones through the PSN store.

10. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Could you see Final Fantasy VII with chibi style graphics like this one? I would love to see a chibi cloud, :) cloud was in THEATRHYTHM, so im sure e will come to iphone soon.

11. backslashio

backslashio Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Perth, WA
    Not really, aside from the difficulty choice - its still the same game but just looks sharper with crisp text

12. ElPumo

ElPumo Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Author
    Harrisburg, PA
    Enjoying this! Finally get to play the harder version. Even has audio for some of the dialogue. Worth the price.

13. VoodooEx

VoodooEx New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I haven't played FF4 enough to compare. FFD is also a must play game, at least for me. The job system is interesting and there is an endless mode after you finish the main story line. It is a game optimized for mindless grinding. Good for a few minutes of play or a longer session. That's why the auto-battle is very fast. The story is tight and interesting too.

14. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    is there any way to get rid of the waiting time performed after auto atk?

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I agree 7 would be a tough one to remake. I'm playing ff6 on iPhone right now and it feels like it doesn't need a remake. Altho a small graphical overhaul wouldn't hurt it at all.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For the love of god, no.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Square Enix should just port over Vagrant Story to the iOS. I'd gladly pay up to $40 for that if need be.

18. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    Whyt isn't in the iOS version but is in the DS version.

19. Sakuranbo

Sakuranbo Member

Jan 26, 2009
    The game is only non-stretched on an iPad, as it's designed for a 4:3 ratio. The standard iPhone screen is obviously a little wider, so it gets some stretching, but on the 16:9 iPhone 5, it's horribly stretched.

Go to the product page in iTunes and toggle the screen shots between iPhone and iPad. You'll see the difference clearly then.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Play 5 minutes or so in stretched and then you won't notice it. I have absolutely no problem at all with it. People don't even look fat to me with the stretching. I think playing it this way is the way to go. You also get slightly extra room to place you fingers and touch buttons.