Match Panic $0.99>FREE! [Universal App]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by LOLavi, Aug 9, 2011.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland

Critter Panic!

Chaotic Box
    Pit your brain against your thumbs with the original left/right matchy tapper! "It might at first seem easy but just wa…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Pit your brain against your thumbs with the original left/right matchy tapper! "It might at first seem easy but just wait until this iOS gem feeds your arrogance back to you, piece by delicious piece." - Edge Magazine "Your brain is screaming "Left! No, RIGHT!" and your poor, confused digits don't know what to do." - Eurogamer "This game makes my brain twist into pretzels." - Mashable "It's so addictive! Super easy to play." - Boing Boing "The more you play, the more you'll want to play." - AppAdvice
    Information
    Seller:Chaotic Box
    Genre:Family, Puzzle, Arcade, Kids
    Release:Jun 09, 2011
    Updated:Jan 26, 2023
    Version:1.1.13
    Size:4.4 MB
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

I guess it's great, haven't tried, but looks really fine!

2. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    This is definitely one of my favorite Iphone games of 2011. I have sunk hours and hours into trying to improve my high score. My advice is to pick this up immediately!

3. FL!ppY

FL!ppY Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    On the wishlist! Great!!

Thx LOLavi

4. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    swipetaptap (with very similar gameplay) went free, too.
    coincidence ?

5. Capsizing Heart

Capsizing Heart Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    Looks great, think I'll pick this up :D

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    People picking up this deliciously manic matcher might also want to look at Chaotic Box's crazy awesome Silverfish and Silverfish MAX.

Silverfish

Weave through waves of attacking space bugs and use powerful detonations to destroy your foes! Silverfish was designed f…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Weave through waves of attacking space bugs and use powerful detonations to destroy your foes! Silverfish was designed for touch input to provide authentic and unrelenting arcade action. It's retro reborn and reimagined!

CONTROLS: Flick Up, Down, Left, and Right anywhere on the screen to change direction. Tap with 2 fingers to activate a powerup. Alternate control styles are available in the settings menu and can be fully tweaked to your preference.

Reviews
    - IGN: 8.5/10 "Editors' Choice"
    - GamePro/PCWorld: 5 out of 5
    - Touch Arcade: 4.5 out of 5
    - The Electric Playground: 9/10 and 8/10
    - WIRED Magazine: 8 out of 10
    - 148apps: 4.5 out of 5
    - Yahoo's Appolicious: 5 out of 5
    - Eurogamer: 8 out of 10
    - AppAdvice: 4.5/5 "MUST BUY"
    - Pocket Gamer: 8/10 "Silver Award"

- Reaper Mode -
    Charge your POW and avoid enemies with the awesome Time Shock powerup. Earn MAX POW and turn the tables on your foes!

- Onslaught Mode -
    Destroy waves of enemies as quickly as possible to avoid an overwhelming swarm. Drive up your score multiplier to rack up points and earn extra lives.

- Scavenger Mode -
    Keep your POW from draining by destroying enemies and collecting tasty Protons.

- Haste Mode -
    A constant race to max out your POW and defeat your foes. Full-on intense action right out of the gate!

Visit http://chaoticbox.com for more fun :)
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Nov 09, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (24)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yup, silverfish is a great game...

I'm not really feeling Match Panic though... =o/

I just don't know what's so spiffy about tapping the correct side of the screen...

My kids might really enjoy it though... =oP

8. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    imo, this type of gameplay appeals more to the taptap rev buffs. tappity tap your way to a big score. but i do feel that this type of game is very challenging, hand-eye coordination and what not. not brilliant, but does the trick, plus it's fun to compete and see how you stand versus other players around the globe.

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    hmm... I got to... I dunno what stage it was, but I had 3 characters on one side and 4 on the other... and I ended up quitting... =o/

Just couldn't stay with it any more...

Oh well...

I am sure that there's people that will enjoy this one quite a bit... I know there's loads from just looking in the thread... but... meh... not for me... =o/

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's not a bad little time waster, but as far as matching games, I think Blokzilla is quite a bit more fun and challenging than this one. Although even that loses some of its sense of accomplishment after you beat some of its modes (1-minute, 2-minutes, etc.)

11. EfratBarTal

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    haven't played blokzilla myself but, as i wrote in a previous post, there's swipetaptap, which is very similar to match panic in gameplay, but imho is better than it.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    The gameplay in Blokzilla is considerably different, but you're still matching objects under time pressures. Difference is that you're playing with a grid of objects and have to find the matches.

SwipeTapTap is closer to this (and probably a bit better). But with its whopping 3 MB file size, I might keep this one on my iPod Touch for a while. Still semi-addictive.

13. Capsizing Heart

Capsizing Heart Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Student.
    Transient.
    I was playing this when I walked my dog, it had my eyes rolling in my skull and caused me to walk into a few bushes, haha. But despite the speed you generate making it quite hard in places, this game was great and fun and made me feel like I was a lot better at the game than I really was. Lol.

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]