Photo Manager Pro $3 -> $1

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Menneisyys, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    #1 Menneisyys, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    IMHO the best photo viewer app is Photo Manager Pro.

Now it's $1 and is a steal at that price IMHO, particularly if you need to keep thousands of photos on your iDevice.

See the dedicated image viewer roundup at http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/all-one-photo-viewer-roundup-70-price-drop-best-image-viewer if interested, which thoroughly compares it to the other image viewers, incl. the stock Photos.

(Yup, I know it isn't a game. Nevertheless, it's THE best image viewer app; hence I've posted about it.)

2. unknownsky

unknownsky Member

May 4, 2010
    Just purchased it. I'm impressed. It's far better than native photos app.

3. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    #3 Totenmaske, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    Sorry...I haven't really used my iPad for photos much outside a couple of dozen photos at a time; however I have a family reunion later this summer and might be using the iPad to store significantly more photos than normal.

I read the blog post but I'm still confused...

I do have the CCK and use it to store photos, movies and TV shows for when I'm on the road...will PMP work directly with the CCK like the stock Photo App without creating all the thumbnail images?

Can you bulk select (select all) photos in a particular folder for deletion whereas the Photo App only allows you to select photos one at a time?

4. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
    Nope, it can't access them directly, "thanks" to Apple's restrictions. However, if you import the images to Photos first, and, then, from there, to PMP, you can already safely delete the original photos in Photos from the Imported section, they'll remain in PMP. (Then, you can safely answer yes if it asks whether it should delete all occassions.)

Yup (Select All in the top left corner in Edit mode).

5. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    How good is the transfer functions on this app? Specifically between iPhone and iPad?

I was going to get Photo Transfer App but its slightly more expensive.

I don't think I will be using the manager part of it. I know Photos is not the best app but I don;t like the thought of managing images in two different places.

6. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
    1, no local transfer.

2, I mostly recommend the app to them that suffer from the most important problems of the stack Photos: the additional storage use introduced by the thumbnails and the inability to access EXIF / individual mapping data. If you don't belong to this category, then, you may want to stay with Photos.

7. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Awesome...thanks for the prompt reply!

8. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
    Sorry, I was wrong about this: there IS p2p transfer between iOS devices. Select an image and tap the P2P transfer icon. The receiver end only needs to start the app (no other functionality needs to be enabled / started).