Universal Chromaticon [Rlyeh Industry]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Anku_RI, May 13, 2014.

1. Anku_RI

Anku_RI Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Poland
    #1 Anku_RI, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    Hello everyone!

I'm Anku from Rlyeh Industry and I'd like to present our first game we're currently working on called „Chromaticon” (name may change). Here's a short beta gameplay footage:

As you can see in the video it's a color matching game where you defend the core from waves of marbles. You control the shield by rotating your device (gyroscope) and tap the screen on various situations to, for example, use a helpful ability. If everything goes as planned the game will launch next month (June) as a universal app for iOS. I'll be posting more details about our game as we're getting closer to the release date, but feel free to ask any questions now.

Cheers,
    Anku

2. Anku_RI

Anku_RI Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Poland
    Upgrades and achievements

Hi all!

Today I'd like to tell you a bit about Chromaticon's upgrades and achievements system, but before that I want to clear up two things that some people asked us about. First – the sounds in the previous video are „placeholders”, we are still working on the soundtrack. Second – the gameplay is from the „Classic Mode”, which focuses on the puzzle aspect of the game (the color combinations are more complex and the marbles are a bit slow, giving the player more time to align the shield). For those who prefer a dynamic gameplay we prepared the „Arcade Mode” (video coming soon).

Back to the main subject now. In Chromaticon you earn upgrade points by completing the achievements (each level grants one point). Those points are used to buy modules and extensions. Modules are inactive until you equip them in any of the core slots. Extensions are always active – you just need to buy them. All the upgrades are grouped in 5 tiers and each tier can be unlocked by buying a fixed amount of upgrades form the previous one. Here's a short video demonstrating the upgrades and achievements interface:

Cheers,
    Anku

3. Anku_RI

Anku_RI Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Poland
    Chromaticon Beta - need testers

Hello everyone!

Some of you might remember me - about 8 months ago I posted here about my team's debut game called Chromaticon. Sadly, the work on th game had to be halted, but recently we came back to the project and now we need some helpful people to test our game.

About Chromaticon:
    Chromaticon is a fast-paced color matching game that will test your perception and reflexes.
    • Protect the Core from being hit by colorful marbles by intercepting them with the Shield.
    • Rotate the Shield by tilting your device to match colors of incoming marbles.
    • Mismatched marbles will deplete shield segment’s durability and eventually may destroy it exposing the Core.
    • Use Core Burst to repair the Shield or create a pulse to destroy marbles when you’re in peril.
    • Correctly catch Charged Marbles to obtain power-ups and use them to your advantage.
    • Beware of Viruses which cause distracting effects!
    • Complete achievements to gain Upgrade Points that can be exchanged for Core Upgrades. Each achievement is rewarded!
    • Core Upgrades provide permanent perks that increase your chance of success.
    • Try to beat each stage with perfect accuracy to obtain gold rating.

Here's the most recent video of the Chromaticon gameplay:

Testing:

The game has been heavily tested by me and my team, so you shouldn't encounter any major bugs (although if you do, please let us know:)). The most important thing that need to be tested is the gameplay itself (controls sensitivity, difficulty curve, hud, tutorial etc.). We also would like to hear you opinion about the sounds/music. To be able to test the game you need TestFlight app and iOS 8. If you are interested please sign up here:

http://www.rlyehindustry.com/apps/chromaticon/beta/

Cheers,
    Anku

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    holy crap my addhd kicked in while watching that...that looks actually pretty awesome and very challenging! jesus looks like it would get chaotic this game is a must for leader boards!

5. Anku_RI

Anku_RI Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Poland
    I'm glad you like it :) The game has two modes and both of them have their own leaderboards. We're also thinking about adding challenges, but those will probably come with the first or second update.

While we're waiting for more beta testers to sign up - a few screenshots made by my teammate while he was trying to beat the sixth stage... and failed... miserably ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    dude those screens look crazy ! If i had the time id sign up for Beta but im just to busy to beta anything correctly...I am sure one of the old skool posters will be on here once they wake up or get off of work...

7. Anku_RI

Anku_RI Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Poland
  8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I signed up using my screen name. I'm the trippy game master so this really peaks my interest.

9. Anku_RI

Anku_RI Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Poland
  10. Anku_RI

Anku_RI Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Poland
    Chromaticon - release date

Hi guys,

First of all I want to thank everyone who participated in our beta tests. You did a great job and we really appreciate it. After some bug fixing and crunching the numbers to adjust the difficulty, the game is finally ready to be released.

Chromaticon will launch on the App Store on 19.03.2015 and will cost 1.99$.

If you'd like to stay tuned, follow us on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/rlyehindustry

Cheers,
    Anku