Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Nope. I get a Rogue Error, or something like that. But at least the game doesn't crash at the splash screen. It seems that everytime this game is updated, it's jacked up for a week or two. I imagine it'll get worked out soon, then they'll go adding something to break it again. ;)

2. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    Rogue Error isn't within our control. Ever time an IAP goes into the game, there's roughly a 24 hour lag before it's available on the App store. IAPs go through a secondary review / release process. It's, unfortunately, not something we have much control over.

However! I did just buy the Dinoman on my device, and he appears to be working fine. Keep an eye out for him, he'll be around soon, if he isn't already.

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Are highscores in Endless even sorted numerically?

4. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #2984 Drexiel, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    just bought Dinoman :D

EDIT: Dinoman looks like he's climbing a mountain when walking up XD

5. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I got him as well last night. But, oddly enough, I kept getting errors as I purchased him simultaneously telling me the item didn't exist while the purchase was clearly going through fine. Weird.

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Was finally able to purchase him as well. I can't wait to try him out later. :)

@Wes is this the end of 100 Rogues as far as updates? I feel like I have a complete game now with Dinoman to complete the four main characters, but I would love to see more monster characters down the line? Thanks regardless for the many updates, you and the rest of the team have made 100 Rogues one of my favorite iOS games to date! ;)

7. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    As long as I can, I'll be continuing to work on content updates to 100 Rogues. It's been an amazing opportunity to be able to work full-time on this game, but the game has never been able to support that.

So, I'm switching to part-time. It's unlikely that we'll ever get more new art (although we are getting some proper character selection portraits for the Monster classes), but I can continue adding monster recolors, abilities, weapons, potions, and maybe some more features.

We do have another update about ready to go out the door, which include another free player class: The Dungeoneer! Crossing back over from 100 Trials with the same two abilities, plus a bunch more gadgets and traps (grapple hook, telepads, rail platforms, to name a few).

That update will also introduce localization into the game. We're currently looking for translators, actually. We have people helping with French and German, but might be in need of some help in other languages. If anyone knows anyone that might be interested in getting their name in the credits, please PM me.

So yes, in short, I plan to continue working on 100 Rogues, but I just can't say how much I'll be able to do hereafter.

8. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I'm not an official translator, but i can help with Spanish if needed :)

i do work as an English translator here were i live though (From Eng to Spa and reverse, so i can get the work orders across both parties)

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks for the fast response, more content is always welcomed! I for one am looking forward to anything and everything in future updates. :)

10. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Active Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Small bug or tweak needed but in any case, when playing Dino and fighting facing "north" the enemy HP bar displays beneath them so it shows under Dino and can't be easily seen. Hard to explain but you'll know it when you see it. Otherwise just started playing Dino and loving it!

11. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
  12. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I got this game last week and its great. Wonder if its possible to actually beat this game though since i die in Hell rather quickly :(

13. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    3.1 has rolled off to Apple! Here's the changes you can expect to see:

New Player Class: The Dungeoneer! Armed with a series of traps,
    gadgets and firearms, see to it that Satan finally makes good on his
    debts. *No* In-App Purchse.

Localization for 100 Rogues in underway! The game can now be played in
    German, with more languages to follow soon! (Interested in helping
    out? e-mail [email protected] and let us know what languages you
    would be interested in translating).

De-Fater Potion! Fate got you down? Drink this, and watch the
    impossible odds suddenly tip in your favor. (Useable once every 50
    turns. $0.99 In-App purchase).

Rule Change! Rather than defeating Satan, the game can now be won by
    getting a high score.

Bug Fixes:
    Combo Mode menu functions properly once more
    Scoundrel Smoke bomb works again.
    Potions of Mutation no longer crash when thrown

Balance changes:
    Familiar movement AI improved.
    All bosses now scale in damage over time.

On a sadder note, Fusion Reactions has had to close its doors. The company still exists, although at a reduced scale that is no longer funding game development of 100 Rogues or beyond. However! That doesn't mean supporting 100 Rogues and 100 Trials won't see more games of this caliber made in the future. Keith is still hard at work on Auro, and I still have great ideas for new directions to take 100 Rogues' mechanics (see the last level of 100 Trials for a hint). I can't stress this enough: your support, both financial and otherwise, will continue enabling development of 100 Rogues and the creative works that follow it, now more directly than ever.

I can't put to words the great privilege that working on this game has been, and the last two years of development have happened because of your support for the project.

In short, thank you.

14. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    awesome update!!!

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice. Looking forward to the update.

Good to hear you guys still have it strong even if Fusion Reactions had to close down. I hope it happens for the better for you and your team and for your current and future projects.

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Have you guys ever addressed the Endless scores not being properly sorted by value? As far as I can tell it just lists the scores of the last several Endless games played in no particular order which leads me to believe the actual top scores aren't being preserved and it is simply a listing of the last 10-20 runs.

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Update is out!

PLEASE tell me the De-Fater is just a one-time unlockable thing, right? If you guys have gone consumable IAP on me for some cheat item I'm sooo out.

18. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    While I really love that 100R is still receiving new content, I am worried about this too. I have not played the new update but if you could consistently buy cheat potions, the whole high score system is screwd up. And this is a game purely about high score so this would be a major problem. I do understand that you guys need to earn some cash but consumable IAP to cheat is not the right way IMO. Hopefully it is implemented in a different way and my entire post is basically pointless :)

19. August

August Member

Oct 18, 2011
  20. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    No, it's a one-time purchase. We were between that, or selling packs of 50 potions. Thanks for putting the opinion forth; it only takes a few voices to sway us on a big decision like that.

The potion can be used once every 50 turns. It will *never* need to be purchased more than once.