iPad Wacoon Jump! - 2D Platformer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Apr 16, 2012.

1. PlayFripp

PlayFripp Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Dev dev dev dev :p
    Lyon, FR
    #101 PlayFripp, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
    @squarezero

Thank you very much for your quick answer! (as always ;))

I am really happy to see that the new controls works well, because I didn't had the time to do a lot of play tests in two days :p

For the "floating character", I am aware of this glitch since months, but I haven't found a way to fix it yet... The thing is that it is really difficult to test it, because it's a kind of random thing that happens almost never, and after two months of playing you get one...
    I will try to fix it in the 1.03 update, if I can :p

For the difficulty, I think the game will be much easier with the last fixes ! Worlds like the 1-6 where are "tiny platforms" will not be as hard as before ;)
    But yep, I want the game to be challenging :D

Anyway thanks a lot for your feedbacks ;) I keep playtesting the 1.02 update (GameC... ;)) and I will release it the next week I think.

For the ones who are looking forward on retina display, I will try to add it with the 1.03 update (release in two/three weeks).

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Pause a game in progress and hit the gear icon on the lower right hand side.

3. PlayFripp

Apr 5, 2012
    Lyon, FR
    @Gabrien
    You have to go to the pause menu in a level a touch the bottom-right button.

I know that option should be available from anywhere, but I had no time to do it in two days. This will be fixed with the new menu hierarchy featured in 1.02 (next week).

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I wouldn't say "much easier" ;). Still took me about 6 tries to finish 1-7, about 6 more for 1-8. But then again, it took me like 10 tries to finish a similar racing level in Rayman Origins (with physical controls on a Vita)...

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    PlayFripp...your dedication to Wawa Land is crazy. Can't wait for this update to finish downloading and man... retina in 3 weeks? Wow! :D

6. PlayFripp

Apr 5, 2012
    Lyon, FR
    @squarezero
    Rayman Origins :) Seems you are addicted to french platformers :p

@metalcasket
    I do my best to make the game better as fast as I can ;) By the Play Fripp is the name of my company, please call me Yann ;)

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I'm addicted to imaginative, well designed platformers. That happen to be French ;).

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My pleasure Yann. :) Call me Sam (or MC if you have to :p)... metalcasket's way too "formal". :p

9. PlayFripp

Apr 5, 2012
    Lyon, FR
    @squarezero
    :)

@Sam
    Yes indeed, it's way too formal XD

10. PlayFripp

Apr 5, 2012
    Lyon, FR
    #110 PlayFripp, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    So thanks again to everyone ;)
    I have just submitted the 1.02 update to Apple. Here are some screenshots :

[​IMG]
    The pause button has been merged with the state monitor. The colored circle will show the time you've got left. You can also see that the shop button has been also merged with it, and replaces the hearts when you are on a chapter / on the planet.

[​IMG]
    There are two new buttons for... GAME CENTER! ;) So on the left: achievements, and on the right leaderboards. You can also notice that on a chapter the menu has two different buttons than the worlds: a "home" button which sends you to the title screen and a "planet" button which does what you think :p

[​IMG]
    Five leaderboards are available for now: a global total score ranking / two chapters total scores ranking / two time scores the 8th worlds of both chapters.

[​IMG]
    22 achievements to unlock! As you will see I made an icon for everyone of them... what a painful day XD

[​IMG]
    A green halo now shows the next chapter you've got to play. A gold one will show you when you have found all the babies in a chapter.

[​IMG]
    And you can also send the app as a gift directly from the new center button of the title screen.

I have also removed the wallslide/walljump when it is useless in every worlds.

For the full changelog, click here.

Thanks again to everyone and keep me informed if you've got any issue or new feedbacks about Wawa :p

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wait, so we can only wall jump in levels that require it to reach certain areas?

I've been using it to jump over enemies, and avoid hitting others... Damn... =o/

Anyway...

The 1.1 update; thank you for making the controls movable and being able to resize them. Can play comfortably on my iPad now. =oD

Also, the inertia feels a lot better. But it's still a little strange... When standing still, you can start moving faster by just pressing a directional button than if you hold down the run button and then start moving. Holding down the run button makes you stay almost still, gaining up speed before you move like you're on ice... Or in a cartoon. =oP
    Not saying it needs to be changes... It's just strange.

But the all the other stuff in the update is great.. Thank you! Definitely appreciate your hard work. =oD

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I didn't really have too much of a problem with the controls, but happy to see that they're customizable now. The inertia is definately better...although it doesn't have that much of an impact on the level I'm currently having trouble with 2-2. (Those underwater sections with the damn mines and stuff...but still loving the challenge.)

13. PlayFripp

Apr 5, 2012
    Lyon, FR
    @syntheticvoid
    lol You are one of the few who haven't troubles with the wall jump lol
    I tried to let it when you should you use it... will see :p

For the running, I think it is the dynamic camera that should make that visual effect of "being slow"... don't know. I haven't saw that.

By the way, thanks for everything ;)

@awp69
    Happy to see that you like this update ;)
    Hope you'll beat that level. By the way, if you have got a lot of troubles in that world, you should try to go to the platform just after the first checkpoint... might help you, who knows? :p

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Actually, was finally able to get through it. Wasn't so bad. Just my impatience getting the best of me :)

2-3. That's a different story. Love the cart levels, but it gets really crazy towards the end (or at least hopefully towards the end). Think those levels could be the basis for a really good auto-runner...hint, hint.

15. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Liking the update, the movement feels much tighter with less inertia and the customizable controls are always welcome !

16. RyanGibbard

RyanGibbard Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Student
    Cheltenham, England
    Just bought this today, on 1-7 I can't see where I'm supposed to go, there are just 3 crates that seem to be blocking the way... Anyone know where I'm going wrong? :(

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You can do a slam jump (hit down and jump while in the air) to break the crates.

18. PlayFripp

Apr 5, 2012
    Lyon, FR
    @MeanTuna
    Great ! Thanks a lot ;)

@squarezero
    You are the Wawa's veteran ;)

19. PlayFripp

Apr 5, 2012
    Lyon, FR
    Hi everyone :)
    Hope you had a good week ;)

The 1.02 update is now available!

Please give me your feedbacks about the update :)

PS : And I am still working on 1.03 (retina).

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    wootwoo!!! GameCentah! Thanks a bunch!

=o)

After the 1.03 update, are you going to be working on new levels?