What is a "Bad Request?"

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by New England Gamer, Nov 29, 2009.

1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Why does this happen -

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
    Cookie: ........(lots of numbers I deleted due to space)........
    Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.11 Server at web5.xeeno.com Port 80

I have cleared my cookies and history but it keeps happening when I click on a link. I can access the front page, just nothing else. Is it my browser (safari) or the site?

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    A request that is bad, maybe?

I think you are running out of memory. Maybe try restarting your computer or try reinstalling safari?

[​IMG]

3. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks, like I said though I have cleared my cookies, in fact I don't even have them enabled but some sneak through. But thanks for trying to answer my question. No one seems to know apparently. Since I cleared my cookies, history, etc I thought it might be the site sometimes (thats why I posted it in this section) if its overloaded or what not but I guess I still have a mystery on my hand. I actually saw a post that looked like it was the same words, so not quite sure its just my computer.

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    don't understand. you can access the forums it seems right?

What exactly can you and can't you access.

arn

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
  6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    A bad request is when your wife/girlfriend has spent the day washing, ironing, shopping (food, not clothes), changing diapers, dealing with bills, arguing with the neighbour over gardening techniques and cooking a romantic dinner for two, then you stroll in after a hard day's drinking and tell her you're not in the mood for that fancy crap and that a bacon sandwich would be great cause you're off to watch football and scratch your nutsack.

7. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    It comes and goes. When it happens I can access the front page but if I hit a link I get that error message. If I hit any of the tabs (forums, new games, etc) I get that message. I don't allow cookies on my browser and the ones that get through I clear. I do a general reset of safari periodically (call me paranoid I used to have a pc!) So not quite sure what it is if its supposedly a bad cookie. It happens about once every couple weeks for about an hour at a time or so - that's why I thought it was tied in to the site because I can surf the web no problem when that is happening. But thanks Arn for shedding some light on the situation.

8. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Virus possibly? But ur on a mac right? Try clearing cache? If that doesn't work try a different browser.

9. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    On a mac yes. Not quite sure what it is but it happens so infrequently I just don't get my TA fix for a couple hours. I KNOW I saw someone post the same thing on a post in a thread the last few days so I know its happened to someone else too, just for the life of me can't recall. And I remember it was at the same time I had just had to wait to be able to get passed the front page. That contributed to my feelings it was a site issue if there were updates to the site or what not when that happened. But I guess not and I will just deal if it happens agains. Thanks for trying.