Universal Dinofour - by craigeatscrayons (An adorable, 2D platformer/puzzle game.)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craigeatscrayons, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 craigeatscrayons, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Hello friends! A few people have suggested I come here to post a preview of my upcoming iOS title, 'Dinofour'.

Dinofour is a retro-inspired, platformer/puzzle game with a prehistoric theme. Play as four dinosaur friends, with each having their own unique ability that they must use to solve a series of challenging puzzles. Work together to overcome obstacles, defeat enemies and become reunited with your beloved lost eggs.

The game is due to be released June 1st. There will be a free version of the game (with ads) and a paid version of the app (no ads) available.

For more info you can check out http://www.craigeatscrayons.com and for those interested in following the development process you can follow our twitter at http://www.twitter.com/craigeatscrayon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Sweet, more dino games.
    I'll be following this.

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Only one wish: Universal support :)

4. Thanks! :) I hope to see the dinosaur genre blossom.

Thanks for your input. I'm going to run a few tests to see how comfortable the controls are on larger screen devices, like iPads. I'm 90% sure I can make it work.

28/02/2015

I've had the very talented Joshua Cohen working hard on the music for this game. I'm starting to get some tracks back from him and am in the process of implementing them into the game. What I've heard is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to show you guys his work.

As for the overall progress of the project, I'd say it's about 75% complete. I have to design another 15 or so levels and then begin what will likely be a long and tedious polishing/bug testing process.

[​IMG]
    Dino switching action!

I would love some opinions on these icons. Which do you prefer?
    [​IMG]

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Icon 3, also your game looks adorable- my wife will love this.

6. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Icon 3. I mean, who doesn't 'dawwwwwww <3' when they see a pixelated dino hugging an egg that's the same size as him/her? :D

7. Thanks for the kind words and input. I asked on Twitter too and it seems people like #1 and #3 equally! At least I can safely eliminate icon #2.

8. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
  9. Hello friends!

It's been a while since I've posted to this blog, so I thought I'd drop by and share a short game play video and quick update on progress.

The good news: The game is pretty much complete. The bad news: It needs some serious polishing before I send it off to Apple for review.

The really bad news is I have absolutely no idea about how to monetize & market an app. So any advice, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated in this area.
    Other than that, I really only need to fix a few minor bugs and implement game center features like achievements, ect. before the game is ready to submit.

Here is gameplay footage from the first tutorial level that explains Green Dino's special ability and how to use it to move boulders and activate switches. Sorry the video is a little laggy. I used screen capture software that I didn't pay very much money for.

[​IMG]
    Orange Dino incinerating a hog. Adorable.

[​IMG]
    Dinofour running on the iPhone family.

Any feedback, comments, suggestions and ideas are GREATLY appreciated. Any please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Hopefully next time I update this blog it will be after the app is reviewed by Apple!

10. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Oh... I love this! It reminds me of some dinosaur android games I've played before.
    Looks adorable and I am looking forward to playing!

11. Yay for prehistoric games! The dinosaurs are very cute

12. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Oh wow…this is just too adorable! I'll be looking forward to its release.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've only seen the animated gif posted back in feb28, and my suggestion is to swap the function of A and B buttons. The outer button needs to be the jump and the inner one is the fire/action.

This looks promising... I like the fact that the platforming isnt limited to ground level.

14. Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Thanks for the feedback, currently the outer button is the jump and the inner is fire/action. :)

15. [​IMG]

Dinofour is waiting for review and the official release date will hopefully be announced soon!

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook& Twitter to be informed upon release. :)

[​IMG]

16. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    cute game, your controls should work on iPad too

17. Thanks keybol, I had some issues testing on iPad, so it will be iPhone only for now. I'm hoping to get these problems resolved in a future update.

18. [​IMG]

Dinofour is now available for download in the App Store. :)