Stop new apps fom auto sync?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kzwen, Jun 27, 2010.

1. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I have quite a number of apps and whenever I plug in my itouch, itunes will auto sync music and apps. I notice that there is an option to sync only checked music but not for apps. (yet)

My problem is that new apps will auto sync and flood my home page to the extent that 11 pages is not enough. So what I am doing now is to remove those new apps just after they are synced by unchecking the list that appears only during sync. How, can I choose what to sync or prevent new apps from auto sync??

The answer may be really simple but I have indeed search all over...though maybe I could phrase my question better. :confused:

PS: I am not sure if this is the right thread...but it did say 'Questions'.

2. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    What you do is, either start deleting, uncheck the "automatically sync new applications" box in the applications tab in the device menu, or USE FOLDERS!!!

I'd recommend using folders. It took a whole day, but I managed to fit 18 pages of apps into 2.5 pages using folders, while sorting them categorically, by series, and then alphabetically. It's a lot of work, and you don't have to do it so systematically, but it helps a bunch. I'd really recommend that.

3. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    This thread should belong in the Lounge. The General Game Discussion and Questions refers to discussion and questions about games.

Anyways, before your ipod syncs to the computer (stop the sync if it happens automatically), go to the tab marked Apps and you should be able to not sync apps, sync all apps, or choose which ones to sync.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    #4 SkyMuffin, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    Preferences >> Devices >> Prevent ipods and devices from automatically syncing

There is also a little checkbox on the "Apps" tab of your ipod in iTunes. It's at the very bottom. "Automatically sync new apps".

p.s.: I totally understand- I never noticed that little checkbox, even after a year of having my iPod.

5. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks all for your replies. I will do that. :)

I will keep this in mind if I have any future questions.

6. uppz

uppz Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Thanks for the tip. It never occured to me that there's an option to disable it.
    Thanks kzwen for bringing up the question. i learnt something today :)

7. uppz

uppz Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    It's sooo Tiny! very well hidden! :mad: